Prologue

In a quiet, but fertile place, a black-haired woman was curled up lazily on a chair in the middle of the place. Despite the beautiful scenery, the woman....didn't seem in the least bit interested.

"So boring!" She sighed in exasperation.

"Haven't you got used to it by now?" A voice calls beside her.

"Kai! What are you doing here?"

"To see you, of course." Kai said as he picked up her fair, jade-like hand and kissed it.

"Enough with the pleasantries." Kartara said as she quickly took back her hand and rolled her eyes, seemingly used to the man's antics.

Kai chuckled and then his eyes narrowed. "I found something exciting."

Kartara's lazy red and gold eyes met his deep ocean blue eyes. "You have?"

"Yes, but it's dang—"

"Nothing is too daunting for me, don't you remember?" She smiled brightly.

For a moment, Kai lost himself in that smile. She was always like this. Jumping into danger without knowledge of the consequences. But that's what.....was attractive about her.

"You were going to say something?" she asked.

"Ah, yeah. A weird spatial tunnel opened up. Your subordinate is there to make sure it's-"

Even though he didn't finish speaking, Kartara knew what he was going to say.

"Oh? That's interesting." She got up and disappeared from her spot.

"Hey, I haven't finished!" Kai sighed as he followed after her.

............

"How's the stability of the tunnel?" A man asked.

"Not good, sir. There are several spatial storms and the path forward is unstable." One answered.

The man sighed. "Keep working!"

"Yes sir!" Everyone replied.

"Xiao Yun!" Kartara called from a distance.

"Commander!" Xiao Yun said as he bent down on one knee.

"Stop that! Outside the battlefield, you're supposed to call me by name!" She said playfully.

Xiao Yun sighed. "Okay, Comma— Kartara. By the way, what are you doing here?"

"I got bored and heard about what you were doing."

"......"

"What?"

"Don't go in there."

"Why?!"

"It's dange—"

"Ugh! Not you too! I'm—!"

"I know. But this is unlike anything you've seen before. On top of that, before we thought we could accurately identify where any spatial tunnel went, but this is......we don't know where it will go."

Kartara growled in frustration.

Suddenly, the area round them shook.

"Sir, a huge spatial storm is approaching! It's going to burst out of the barrier we put up. We have to evacuate the area!"

"Sh*t! Kartara, let's go!" But Xiao Yun's hand grabbed thin air. His heart flew out of his chest when he saw where she was going. "Kartara, What are you doing?!"

"This is a little interesting." She smiled as she waved her hand.

A boundless amount of power shot towards the storm and dissipated it. Kartara then jumped in and disappeared into the distortion.

"Commander!" Xiao Yun yelled.

"See ya!" She said before her voice vanished.

Inside the tunnel.....

"Whoa, this is really unsteady! Hehe! A perfect challenge for me!" Kartara said as she rubbed her hands together.

Whoosh....

"What?"

In front of her, a huge suction force appeared, forcing Kartara to move towards it. It's a bit clichéd, but she tripped over her own feet and disappeared into the distortion.

A/N: How did you like the chapter? This is my first time writing an original story, but I hope you enjoy it. By the way, any characters names that other authors have or similar plot lines are PURELY coincidental.