Chapter 45: Post-Tournament Difficulties Part 1

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry for only releasing a teaser last week! I was busy visiting family and forgot to do a chapter! A-Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Xiaoyao and Xiao Bao felt that it was strangely calm and quiet after the tournament. Too calm and quiet, to be exact. It was like......It was like the calm before the storm.

And it was.

Xiao Bao and Xiaoyao were wandering the streets looking for food when they felt peculiar sets of eyes on them.

The two did not feel any killing intent, but they did not let their guard down. As soon as they reached an intersection, they were surrounded.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Xiaoyao asked, her eyes narrowing.

"Are you two Young Miss Xiao and Young Master Xiao?" A particularly burly man asked.

"Yes.....and why?"

"Did you hear that everyone?"

"It's them?"

"It's actually them?"

"Wow."

"Should we...?"

"We shall."

"Let's....."

"Get them!"

"Huh?" Both Xiaoyao and Xiao Bao exclaimed as they crowd closed in on them.

"What the hell do you guys want?!" Xiaoyao asked. They must be after the prize money. What else if not-

"To marry you!"

".......????????" Xiaoyao was not expecting that answer.

"Sister, what are you doing just standing there? Run!"

"O-Okay....."

The two of them made their speedy escape.

"What...." she panted. "What the hell was.....*pant*.....that....?"

Xiao Bao, "They.....*pant*.....they said they wanted.....*cough*..........to marry us??"

The two looked at each other, confused. "Huh??"

"We found them!"

"There they are!"

RUN! They thought.

They returned to their courtyard to Xiao Jin, empty-handed and distraught.

"Hm? What's wrong with you two? You look tired for some reason. Weren't you only going out to get ingredients for toni-"

"Xiao Jin."

"Yes?"

Xiaoyao's eyes looked scared.....in a comical way. "Humans....are scary...."

Xiao Jib almost laughed but he held it in. "What....happened?"

"They want to marry us!" She replied.

"Huh?"

"Sister means.....*pant*.......that in order to possibly gain our strength and help.....many people want to try to marry us!" Xiao Bao's sentence was also similarly confusing.

But Xiao Jin got the gist of it. "So what you're trying to say is.....that there are people trying to suck up to you.....and their intensity caused you to flee from the situation ASAP."

"Yes." The two of them affirmed.

"Sigh~ how troublesome. But, Xiao Bao, from what I've heard, you needed that invitation in order to exact your revenge, but....have you ever thought that the enemies that destroyed your clan have been wiped out?"