Chapter 10: Xiao Bao's Troubles

Xiaoyao woke up early that next morning. She stretched out her limbs and got refreshed. As she was walking towards Xiao Bao's room, she overheard some servants speak Xiao Bao's name. Xiaoyao has had a bad habit since she was young. She loved to eavesdrop on other peopl, especially when the people that are talked about are important to her.

"Lord Celestial [1] is so cute!" One maid swooned.

[1] this is the maid's nickname for Xiao Bao

"I agree. We should probably strike while the iron is hot [2] and capture his heart!" the other said.

[2] Strike while the iron is hot - make use of an opportunity immediately.

"However, have you heard the rumor?"

"Rumor?"

"Yeah, that Lord Celestial was not human."

Xiaoyao's eyes widened. Wh-What? H-How? My seal on his celestial spirit aura should have been infallible!

"He's not human?! Where did you hear that?"

"It was just something that was floating around. I mean, how else could such a young boy have so much power?!"

"I agree, but in my opinion, Lord Celestial is much stronger that a peak level blood refiner."

"Why do you think that?"

"Well........"

The chatter continued, but Xiaoyao had already slipped away. Her head was down in contemplation. She, however, didn't notice where she was going as she absentmindedly wandered through the Xiao Family's domain. While she thought, she heard more voices coming from some elders. Her bad habit acted up again, but as these people were much stronger cultivation-wise than her, she had to restrain her breath and keep quiet.

"Shouldn't we move now?" one said.

"Isn't it too early?" the other asked worriedly.

"No. We convinced Head to poison that brat's older sister. That poison is also special." The green-robed elder said as he smiled evilly.

"How?" the white-robed elder asked.

"This poison is actually called the Heart-controlling Gu! It allows the one who poisoned the victim to control them to do their every word."

"What? Gu? Haven't the practices of the gu long been extinct from this world?"

"No, not really. There have been some evil sects that retained the practices of the gu."

"I see. Regardless, we have enough collateral to make that brat obey us!"

"Hahaha! You're right. With that kid's power, our Xiao Family will once again reign supreme among the Four Great Families!"

Xiaoyao's eyes flashed with killing intent. Dare to touch my little brother? You're a hundred years too early! I'll let you experience.......the true wrath of a goddess!

With that, Xiaoyao curled her lips up slightly and silently departed from the area.