Chapter 25: Reaping the Rewards

Nalan Mei collapsed to the floor in her own blood.

"How......can this be? I can't lose!! Never!!" A sharp, malicious glint flashed through Nalan Mei's eyes.

"Give it up." Xiaoyao snorted. "You've lost. Now, give me my money and your— no it's mine now, isn't it?— sword. I did say to give me some weapons. Yours can be included too. Praise me for being so generous."

"You...!!!!" Nalan Mei grit her teeth. I can't care so much about the consequences now. The person.....must die!!!!

Xiaoyao was a simple and honest person, but that didn't mean she was a fool. She pretended to turn her attention something else because she saw the glint in Nalan Mei's eyes and wanted to see what Nalan Mei wanted to do.

Nalan Mei then took this chance when Xiaoyao was 'distracted' and threw her sword forward as a sneak attack.

There's always a rule that Xiaoyao kept close to her heart. Never loosen your guard, even to a seemingly defeated opponent.

When the sword was thrown at Xiaoyao, Xiao Jin and Xiao Bao's hearts flew out of their chests. Before they could warn her, Xiaoyao smoothly stepped to the side and easily caught the hilt of the sword.

"Oh~ Thanks for giving me the sword. I appreciate you giving it up to me so fast. It looked so precious that I didn't believe that you would surrender it to me so peacefully. For this, I must thank you."

Every word Xiaoyao said angered Nalan Mei to her core.

"Oh right~ And don't forget the money. I want those 50 million gold coins by the end of the week."

"When....did I agree to 50 million gold coins?"

"When you agreed to the bet, I said I wanted gold, I never specified the amount." Xiaoyao said innocently.

"You!!!!" Nalan Mei spat out before she  vomited blood and fainted.

"Eldest Young Lady!!!" "Eldest Young lady!!" The guards yelled.

They picked up the blood-soaked Nalan Mei and retreated. Before they left, the old man from before stopped and turned around.

"We'll remember this." He said slowly as his eyes shone with a hint of red from rage.

Xiaoyao sighed. "I'll be waiting." Why doesn't he think that if that brat didn't keep stealing men, then this would have never happened?

Xiaoyao then pretended to walk away and disappear into a dark alley. She discarded the disguise, lit a match, and set it on fire. Afterwards, she weaved through the complicated web of alleys and found her way out to where Xiao Bao and Xiao Jin were.

"Xiaoyao...." Xiao Jin called out.

"Yes?" Xiaoyao answered.

"That was dangerous. Don't do it again. Are you listening to me?" Xiao Jin nagged.

"What are you, my mom?" Xiaoyao said annoyed.

"......." Xiao Jin's face became black at that comment.

"Teehee....." Xiaoyao giggled as she stuck her tongue out.

Before the two could continue, a small tremble rippled throughout the ground beneath them. In that instant, Xiaoyao and Xiao Jin's faces became serious. Not because of the tiny earthquake, but of the ominous aura that camas with it. Xiao Bao, being sensitive to changes in the air, also sensed it.

"Xiao Jin, this is......." Xiaoyao trailed off.

"It's as you suspected, Commander." Xiao Jin reverted back to her usual form of address.