Chapter 34: Freeing Xiao Bao

A/N: Sorry guys! I said I would release this on Sunday, but I forgot! I was so busy getting ready to travel that I forgot! I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

"So, don't you have any spells that can cure him of possession?" Hei Lianhua asked.

"Well, I do. But they're on a smaller scale. This is the culmination of thousands of souls. The simple spells I learned may not be enough to free him." Xiaoyao said lightly.

"You haven't tested that theory out, right?"

"Well, yes...."

"Then, might as well try it out now!"

Xiaoyao looked a bit hesitant. "If you say so....."

The actual reason I don't want to try it out is because I don't have any! It's practically impossible for me to be completely possessed and have no will of my own. I have had people try to take over my body before, but because my soul power was sufficient, I killed them. But now......I never thought I would have a companion! Ahhh! What to do? Should I make up a convenient lie to fool him? Like I was injured and couldn't use some of my spells? Or I hit my head really hard and forgot them? Any of those could work! Xiaoyao thought frantically.

"Xiaoyao, you're taking a while. What's wrong?" Hei Lianhua asked.

"Uhhh, I....."

"Judging by your hesitant eyes and body language....." Hei Lianhua mumbled. "You probably don't have any spells, right?"

"W-What are you talking about, Lianhua? Of course I have them!" Xiaoyao said as she averted her eyes.

She doesn't have them. But she won't outright admit it, so I should say this. "I won't blame you. After all, you are a goddess. I'm sure there aren't many that would try to possess you and even if they did, you would probably kill them."

Lianhua is right! I don't have any fault there! "Yeah, that's the reason I don't have any spells like that! Because I thought I didn't need it!"

Idiot. "It's good to know that you don't have any to solve our current situation." Hei Lianhua said sarcastically.

"Ah." I just admitted it!! I let my guard down! "Well, I'll just leave it to Xiao Jin. After all, he is pretty lucky." Xiaoyao said.

"Oh, he is? But are you sure luck is all he needs?"

"Yup. Just wait and see. He'll be back with exactly what we need!"

"Okay...."

..................

"I really, really hope I can find what I'm looking for." Xiao Jin sighed. If my instinct tells me correctly, it should be around here.......What's this? A book?

The book, once all the dust was cleaned away, seemed to be a diary of some sorts. Xiao Jin's sense told him that what he was looking for would be in here.

As he flipped through the pages, he came across a certain entry.

XX Day, XX Month, XXXX Year

Dear Diary,

It seems that everyone has gone crazy. They have started planning revenge against the human race as a whole and I am stuck here, not being able to do anything. Do they not know? That there are good humans out there? I've met them before. They exist. But these guys......why can't they understand that if they want to eliminate the human race, that includes all the children, elderly, and innocent men and women. Why can't they understand, just as I have, that the humans aren't all entirely evil?