Chapter 38: Quarter Finals Part 1

A/N: The tournament won't continue in this chapter. It'll probably be next chapter that the battles start!

Before long, Xiao Jin realized that Xiaoyao had actually fallen asleep.

"Hey, you there?" Xiao Jin asked.  He was referring to Hei Lianhua.

Xiaoyao seemed to wake up, but when her eyes opened, it was a different color than what she had in this body.

"I'm here." Hei Lianhua said.

"You....what intentions do you have for my Master?"

"I simply want her help me get revenge against those that killed me. After that, I'll leave her alone."

"......" Xiao Jin was silent as he observed Hei Lianhua's aura. No wonder Master allowed this guy  to possess her. He has the potential to become a powerful god. If she cultivates his talent, he could become a powerful aid. And judging by the fact that she allowed him to take control of her body to speak to me, he seems trustworthy enough. However, due to that incident, I can never be too sure. I'll test him some more when we have time.

"Hello?"

"Oh, sorry. So, what thoughts do you have about Master?"

"Thoughts? You mean what I think of her personality?"

"Yes." He also seems a bit clueless to those matters. Good, very good.

"Hmm......reckless? Like a mischievous younger sibling? But she does have a strong heart to protect those that are important to her."

On point! "I think we can get along."

"Really? Then......can we be friends too?" Hei Lianhua asked in a hopeful voice.

"Sure. Nice to meet you. As you've probably overheard, I'm the God of Luck, Xiao Jin."

"Mn. My name is Hei Lianhua, just....a little abnormal human."

The two conversed more about what they thought about Xiaoyao and they both agreed how troublesome she can be sometimes.

However, due to a lax in guard from talking with Hei Lianhua, Xiao Jin did not notice that he was being watched.

.............

Xiaoyao was woken up the next morning by a shooting pain on her arm. She knew that her body sustained damage from forcefully opening the dream realm and taking damage from blocking Xiao Bao's attack.

You see, attacking someone who accompanied you in the dream realm doesn't do much physical damage to the body, but it does damage the soul. Xiaoyao's situation is a bit different though. Her soul has been sealed because if the full power of her soul is released, her body may crumble under the pressure. That seal is exactly what's sustaining her body right now. For it to be damaged in any way is a big no.

In conclusion, Xiaoyao's body is injured. It's literally cracked. She can't push herself during this competition. Otherwise, her body might crumble and shatter. Though, to her, it's not a big deal, she doesn't want to cause trouble to those around her.

Sigh, what to do.... After thinking for a while, Xiaoyao came to a conclusion. Oh wait. Don't I have that spell that erases memories? Then I can participate! Who cares about my injuries? If my body crumbles, I can always create a new body and erase their memories of what happened.

......Oh right! I got to see how Xiao Bao is!

With that, she rushed out of the door and turned a corner, only to bump into someone at full force. The body of the person she crashed into was firm and strong, so Xiaoyao ended up bouncing backwards and falling to the floor.