Chapter 20: Preparations for the Torurnament (I)

Xiaoyao woke up early that morning and practiced. She needed to become stronger because she knew from experience (of reading books) that there are hidden dragons all around and she couldn't fall short.

(A/N: I'm sorry for not mentioning it before!!! There are more cultivation levels in the body refining stage. I just couldn't think of it at the moment. Here they are:

Initial Body Refining - has five aforementioned stages

Blood-refining body cultivator (9 ranks)

Core-refining body cultivator (9 ranks)

Everything else was as stated in chapter 13.

This is all the body refining cultivation. Btw Xiao Bao is still at the Qi Refining ninth rank stage.)

She finally made it past the bottleneck of the third stage after half the stick of an incense. She continued practicing until the sky grew dark. She opened her eyes to see this and fell back on her bed, dead tired.

Body cultivation sure is tiring....... Xiaoyao sighed.

Though Xiaoyao didn't show it, she was in a lot of pain. Because the initial stages of body cultivation was literally refining the body of all its impurities. Doing this is an extremely painful process, but Xiaoyao bore through it without making a sound.

Knock, Knock

"Sister? You okay? You didn't come out at all today?" Xiao Bao's cool, childish voice said.

Xiaoyao grunted in response. Xiao Bao came in to see an exhausted Xiaoyao and a steady stream of impurities being excreted form her body. Xiao Bao's face scrunched up a bit.

"Sister, how could you stay in such filth?"

"Huh?" The dazed Xiaoyao finally noticed the black filth she laid down in. "AHHHH!!! What is this??!!"

"Sigh, I knew it. Did you not know that this stuff is impurities resulting from cultivation?"

"Of course not! When I woke up that day, I didn't see any of that."

"That's because I cleaned them for you."

"????!!!!!" Xiaoyao took a moment and her eyes widened with shock.

"What?"

".....pervert."

"Why?!"

"You saw my body."

Xiao Bao's small face immediately turned a bright shade of red. "I-I didn't!!! I h-had a maid wipe you down and change your clothes."

"Hahaha!!! I'm just teasing. Your face is turned the brightest shade of red I've ever seen!!!" Xiaoyao laughed heartily.

Xiao Bao pouted, making him look like the cutest steamed bun. Xiaoyao's heart melted and she squealed infternally. I really want to pinch his cheeks!!! He's so cute!!

*cough* "Anyway, didn't you read-what did you call them-novels about cultivation worlds such as this? How could you not know about this fact?"

Xiaoyao blushes from embarrassment. "I thought that reading it in a book would be different then actually experiencing it. What I mean is I've never experienced cultivation myself, so how would I confirm my speculations about this place?"

Xiao Bao couldn't deny what she said wasn't logical. After all, if an ordinary mortal read a fantasy book, grew up never believing what happened in the book was true, and then was suddenly thrust into a similar kind of world, would he immediately believe everything he read was true?

"Regardless, why are you suddenly paying attention to cultivation? Didn't you just want to explore this world?"

"Of course! But I need the strength to travel uninhibited if I want to explore this new land."

"I see..."

"Yes. So, little brother. I'm going to train really hard!!"

"Mmm."

"But first, *yawn* I'm going to sleep."

"!!! Don't sleep!!! Go get changed and wash yourself!! It's dirty!!"

"Why do you care?" Came the muffled reply.

"I. Just. Care. Go!!!"

"No!!!"

Without any other choice, Xiao Bao effortlessly picked Xiaoyao up and walked away. He finally reached the entrance of the bath and threw her into the hot spring that was there.

He said the words "Wash up!!" And left.

"Fine, fine."

Grudgingly, Xiaoyao cleaned the filth off her body, changed into a fresh set of clothes and returned to her room. By the time she came back, her room was already tidied up and even smelt like lavender. He probably put this scent to help calm any nerves she had for the competition.

That kid.....so thoughtful. Xiaoyao smiles and fell asleep to the fragrance of lavender.