Chapter 1: Cultivation World

"Ugh....my head....." Kartara groaned. Her groggy mind slowly cleared as she observed her surroundings. "What....is this place? The air is filled with energy much more abundant than any mortal realm I've been to!"

"So you've finally awakened, woman?" A cold, childish voice said.

Kartara's eyes narrowed. "Who are you? Show yourself!"

"As you wish." A tiny light then appeared before Kartara and from it popped a cute little boy, his most striking features were his hair and ears. His hair was a forest green and his ears were-

"A celestial spirit?" Kartara said, shocked.

A/N: Celestial Spirits are basically people (not necessarily humans) that have died but were given a chance to be reborn. They have little to no memories of their past life and could be the combination of many souls.

"Yes. I believe that's what they were called." The spirit said, cautiously. "By the way, who are you? What are you doing here?

"I'm a goddess who came to this mortal realm from the Divine Realm for some fun."

The spirit's eyes widened. "Wh..at.....did you just say? Why should I believe you?"

Kartara sighed and stood up, patting the dust off herself. She took a deep breath and white light surrounded her body. When it cleared, fourteen pure white and wide wings were on her back. Strangely shaped halos covered her wrists, and ankles with two floating above her head.

The spirit gawked in admiration, but quickly recollected himself. "I see."

"So, why are you here again? What's the Divine Realm, by the way? And why didn't you stay there?"

"The Divine Realm is basically Heaven. It's actually a bit more complicated than that, but I'm too lazy to explain more. Anyway, I came here because it was too boring there and humans are interesting creatures, so I decided to go to a mortal realm to have some fun." Even though I didn't know that this world would have humans in it in the first place. But this kid doesn't need to know that.

The spirit's mouth twitched. She came here for such a reason? What a frivolous goddess I've met!

"Speaking of which, what is this place?"

"This place? Isn't it what you typically call a forest?" The spirit explained sarcastically.

"Oh. I meant this world."

"Well," the spirit chuckled. "This is a world of cultivation if that's what you're asking."

"A world of cultivation?! Where I come from, those places are just myths inside books!"

"Really?" the spirit exclaimed with a hint of surprise.

"Yes! This is so exciting! I've never been to a human cultivation world before! I wonder if the humans I've read about are the same in the book!" Kartara's eyes shined with excitement.

The spirit's eyes became gloomy. If only she knew what a cruel place this is....

"Well, anyway, it's annoying to call you spirit, so what's your name?"

"My name?" The spirit looked down. "I don't have one."

"Don't have one? Then let me give you one! How about....Er Gouzi (stupid)?"

The spirit's face darkened. "No!"

"No? Then......Wang Cai (commonly given for dogs)!"

"NO!!"

"Fine then, let's do this. Since you're a celestial spirit that's seems to have trained for a sufficient amount of time, you must have a human form. Show me that and maybe I can decide on a better name!"

The spirit sighed. "Very well."

The spirit's tiny body then elongated into that of a six-year old child that wore a white robe. His face was so round and chubby that you just couldn't resist taking a bite out of it.

How cute!  Kartara thought. "Now then, as for your name.....how about Xiao Bao (treasure)?"

".....That's fine." Xiao Bao said looking away, but Kartara could see a faint redness on the tips of his ears.

"Now then, as you have a new identity, I should probably take a new one up too!"

"What's your plan?"

"Watch closely!"

A red and yellow light surrounded Kartara's body. When it cleared, a transparent her stood apart from her body.

"What the— "

"Cool, right? I can separate my soul from my body." Kartara chuckled. She then lifted up her hand and made a small cut on her body and red drop of blood fell out and it floated in her hand.

"Blood Creation: Human!" She commanded as she threw the drop of blood out.

The blood drop expanded. And formed a human shape. After solidifying, the red figure started to crack. Kartara swiftly pulled out a set of clothing from her spatial ring (storage space) and put it on the figure as soon as the red color completely cracked off. The figure that she created was a fifteen to sixteen year old girl dressed in white robes who was beautiful and radiated a strong, proud aura. After making a series of hand seals, the aura was sealed up.

Xiao Bao was thoroughly shocked at the series of events and wondered what Kartara's intention was for doing this.

As if knowing the question on his mind, Kartara answered his thoughts. "You should probably know that I'm a goddess of creation. I like creating clones like this so I can explore the human world as a part of them."

"Oh." Xiao Bao appeared to be thinking about something.

After explaining, Kartara froze her original body in ice and put it in a place where no one will find it: in a separate space she created. Her explanation for how and why she could do all of this? Simple. She's a Goddess of Creation. She can do pretty much anything.

After finishing with that, Kartara suppressed her soul power and disappeared inside the clone's body.

"Can....Can I come with you?" Xiao Bao asked.

"Hmm? Sure. I don't mind the company, but why?"

"I....I haven't had company for a while and-"

"Ohhhh, I get it! You're feeling lonely!! If that's the case, you can come along!!"

After getting used to her new body, she called the still-stunned Xiao Bao over. After making his aura human-like to a point only the gods could find out and choosing a new name to explore this world with, Kartara, or now, Xiao Xiaoyao (free/ unfettered), and Xiao Bao set off on a journey to explore the world.