Chapter 17: A Tournament? (I)

A/N: Sorry for the late update!! Homework and tests took up a lot of time. :( In exchange, I'm releasing three chapters today!! By the way, Happy Labor Day!!

With tears in his eyes, Xiao Jin choked out the words he had held back since he saw her. "C-Commander, Subordinate Xiao Jin is incompetent."

Commander? Both Xuanyuan Ye and Xiao Bao wondered. The two looked at each other then slinked away in order to not disturb the two.

"Sigh, Xiao Jin, I don't blame you. I just.....I'm glad you're all right. I was worried that you, that you....died. The only thing that kept me going was that your jade slip containing your aura didn't snap." Xiaoyao sighed again.

"I'm sorry, but-"

"No buts." She said in a commanding voice. "Besides I've told you many times. Call me Kar- I mean Xiaoyao outside the battlefield."

"As you wish, Commander."

"Didn't I just tell you to call me Xiaoyao?"

"Uh, I-" Xiao Jin scratched his head awkwardly.

"Xiao Jin......" Xiaoyao said in a warning tone.

"Yes, Master?"

"......."

"......."

Xiao Jin internally struggled for a bit. "Xiao-Xiaoyao."

"Sigh, good. Now stand up. Let's go."

"Have you finished your business?" Xuanyuan Ye asked.

"Yes."

"Why did he call you 'Commander'?" Xiao Bao asked.

"Uh, that was....a nickname, yes!, a nickname that my subordinates came up with. I was annoyed at first since I consider them my friends but I eventually got used to it."

"Okay..." Xuanyuan Ye replied. I think there's more to this story though......

"Master." Bai Ze said as he appeared out of nowhere. He went up to Xuanyuan Ye and whispered something in his ear.

"I see.....Sigh, I'll go, I'll go." Xuanyuan Ye's face fell.

"Xiao Ye, what's wrong?"

"Ah, nothing much. I....Father Emperor wants to discuss something with me, so I have to go now."

"Awww, too bad. I wanted to talk with you more." Xiaoyao said.

"We can meet tomorrow."

"Really? But aren't you a prince? Shouldn't you be busy?"

"Well, you heard that I'm a trash prince, right?"

"Yes, but...." Judging by your aura, you don't seem to be weak.

"Because of that title, I'm not given much to do."

Is it really as simple as that?  Xiaoyao wondered. Nevertheless, she accepted Xuanyuan Ye's excuse.  

"Fine. But you better come meet me. Promise?"

"Promise."

Witnessing this heartwarming exchange between the two, Xiao Jin and Xiao Bao both looked unhappy. She didn't even ask for my opinion..... The two thought.

Xiaoyao turned around to see their gloomy aura. "Hehehe, sorry guys! You have to stay at home!"

She paused as if thinking about something. "Xiao Jin, take care of Xiao Bao while I go on a date with Xiao Ye tomorrow, 'kay?"

Hearing this, Xiao Jin became even more unhappy. Xiao Bao and Xuanyuan Ye, on the other hand, wondered what a date was and why Xiao Jin's face look as black as the bottom of a pot.

Seeing this, Xiaoyao giggled. "Oh, Xiao Jin! You're so cute!" And then she pinched his cheeks.

Xiao Jin's face became blacker, if that's even possible, and his body started shaking.

"Come back here, you damned brat!"

"Brat? I'm older than you! Now let me hear you say Older Sister! Come one, say it, say it!!"

So childish..... Xiao Bao and Xuanyuan Ye thought.

Like this, the day came to an end. Xiaoyao and company bid Xuanyuan Ye farewell and went back to the Xiao Family.