Chapter 8: The Xiao Family's Grave Mistake

Xiao Bao made his way towards the main courtyard of the Xiao Family. Coincidently, everyone Xiao Bao needed to deal with were there. He kicked open the door and coldly looked at the people in front of him.

"Who poisoned her?!" He demanded.

"Ah, Young Master Xiao Bao, you've arrived." an old man in a white robe said, completely ignoring Xiao Bao's question.

"Ancestor of the Xiao Family, answer the question. Who. Poisoned. Her?"

" 'Her' ? What do you mean?" Ancestor Xiao smiled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. He knew what Xiao Bao was talking about, but didn't respond.

".......I see. This will be done the hard way." Xiao Bao took a deep breath and released his aura.

Ancestor Xiao and the Xiao Family Head weren't affected. However, everyone else was suppressed under Xiao Bao's aura. Most of them vomited a mouthful of blood and fainted.

"Young Master Xiao Bao, please calm your rage." Family Head Xiao Chen pleaded.

"Why should I? You people poisoned my sister! Give me the antidote, or I shall start a massacre." a sharp killing intent, much stronger than Xiao Bao's aura, burst from his body.

Even Ancestor Xiao and Xiao Chen weren't able to withstand it.

"If you.......want the antidote, you must.......listen to us!" Xiao Chen spat out through much effort.

"Threatening me? Humph, if she dies, you all will just have to die with her!!" the killing intent's power was raised another bar.

It choked and stabbed them multiple times in non-vital areas. They regretted. Regretted angering Xiao Bao. They thought they could control him, but didn't realize he would be so unreasonable.

" *Sigh* Xiao Bao, calm down. I'm okay." A calming, sweet voice said.

Everyone turned around to see a delicate beauty come through the doors. She didn't see to mind the pressure exerted from Xiao Bao, which came as a shock to those who were still conscious.

"Sister!" Xiao Bao called out in a childish voice as the killing intent and aura surrounding him dissipated. All who were under his pressure collapsed to the ground, panting. "How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"How?"

"I'll tell you later." Her hazel-brown eyes swept across the collapsed Xiao Family members and stopped at Xiao Chen. "You poisoned me?"

She had heard what these people said earlier. Murderous intent flashed through her eyes.

When her eyes focused on Xiao Chen, he involuntarily trembled. Though the woman in front of him had a weak aura and seemed fragile, he felt an invisible pressure on his soul, as if the person in front of him wasn't a human, but a greater being.

Xiaoyao sneered. "Let's go, little brother."

"Okay!" Xiao Bao said obediently.

The Xiao family looked at this scene in shock. They couldn't believe that the boy who was a devil before, obeyed the girl in front of him with such docility. 

Seeing how much Xiao Bao cared about Xiaoyao, they were stupefied. They had made a grave mistake.

A/ N: I was originally going to publish this chapter next week, but since I was so happy with the cover, I made an exception. Thanks again to Korean_Kitteh for the cover!