Chapter 40: Tournament End Part 1

Xiao Bao and Xiaoyao hopped off the stage after they were declared winners and gave each other high fives.

However, Xiao Bao noticed that Xiaoyao winced when their hands made contact.

"Sister? Were you injured?"

A flash of panic flew across Xiaoyao's face. "No, I'm fine! I'm very fine!"

Xiao Bao raised an eyebrow at her tone. She's injured.....

"A-Anyway, Xiao Bao. Let's go back and rest. While we're at it, we can watch the other matches."

"Okay."

The two headed to where Xiao Jin was. Without a word, Xiao Jin stood up and dragged Xiaoyao away. He told Xiao Bao to save their seats while he talks with Xiaoyao.

...............

"What the hell were you thinking using your power on your body?! You know that that puts even more strain on it!! You already had prior injuries from helping Xiao Bao!!" Xiao Jin exclaimed.

"I-I know......." Xiaoyao said sheepishly.

"No, you don't." Xiao Jin said, his tone darkening. Abruptly, he rolled up Xiaoyao's sleeves to reveal long, gastly cracks on her arms. "Sigh, Master, you......"

"Ehehehe....." Xiaoyao scratched her chin lightly in embarrassment. "There's not really a problem, right? I mean if my body collapses, it collapses. I'm still a god. On top of that, a powerful one. There's not much that can deter me."

Xiao Jin looked at Xiaoyao for a moment with a hard expression.

"W-What?"

"Master, that arrogance of yours.....did you forget what happens when you inflate it?" Xiao Jin replied softly.

Xiaoyao's expression froze. She looked down with a mix of shame, grief and anger as she clenched her fists. "I'll try my very best to not cause trouble........"

Xiao Jin sighed again and proceeded to wrap her arms in bandages. He then poured in some spiritual energy to try to help her recover some of the cracks.

The two were so immersed in talking that they didn't notice Xiao Bao's figure standing not too far away. He turned away and headed back to the stands.

I hurt her...... Xiao Bao thought sadly.

Xiao Jin told her that he would go buy some medicine with the money she 'earned'.

(A/N: He means the money that she snagged from the medicine shop owner at the very beginning. And yes, he knew that she stole it. It was written all over her face.)

Xiaoyao returned and Xiao Bao quickly fixed his expression. She told him where Xiao Jin went and the two started watching the next couple of matches. Since Xiao Bao's and Xiaoyao's matches ended much quicker than the tournament organizers expected, they started the next matches a little earlier (around 1 -2 hours earlier).

The third and fourth matches starred Xiao Yu vs Zi Yue and Su Lian vs Xuanyuan Fan.

For getting this far, despite being an asshole, Xiaoyao commended Xuanyuan Fan.......sarcastically.

So anyway, Xiaoyao focused on Xiao Yu's match because she knew that he was the one that helped them when she first arrived in this world.

This kid has talent. If he's lucky enough to ascend, I should give him some sort of gift in return for helping me and Xiao Bao. Xiaoyao thought aimlessly.

Xiao Yu had begun his match with Zi Yue and the two seemed to be on equal ground. Xiao Yu tried his best to match with Zi Yue's speed, but it was difficult.