Happier

~Your POV~

I walked down the rainy street woh my hands in my pockets. I just got over a breakup with the most amazing guy I've ever met. Peter Parker. We were perfectly fine until last night.

He wasn't paying attention and took off his mask in front of people. They all took pictures and everything. He didn't notice it at first, but when he did, he immediately came and told me. He broke up with me. It was the worst day ever. I wish I never fucking snooped around his room. I hate myself so much.

~¥~

It's the next day and it's Monday. Good o'l school. Ugh, that's literally the last place I want to be right now. I have homeroom and History with him. And history is my favorite subject! He just ruined it.

I got up and got ready. I got dressed in some white jeans and a black shirt. I put my makeup on and fixed my hair. I got up and put my shoes on and slung my backpack over my shoulders. I plugged my earbuds into my phone and listened to some music.

I walked downstairs and walked to school, ignoring my 2 loud and annoying siblings.

~¥~

I arrived at school. I walked straight to my locker.

"Hey, I know you're upset about everything, but please talk to me." MJ said walking up next to my locker.

"Why do you actually want to talk? Shouldn't your nose be in a book?" I asked.

I took my earbuds out and put it in my locker. I grabbed all my books I needed for homeroom and first period.

"Sassy much, I like it. But seriously you need to talk. You're not the happy type anymore. What's wrong?" She asked.

"Peter broke up with me."

"I'm killing him today. Nobody hurts my best friend!" She said.

"Ok seriously why are you so happy and supportive today? It's like we switched rolls." I said.

I shut my locker and we walked to homeroom.

"Why can't we? I mean you're sad today, so I'll try to be happy." She said.

I chuckled.

"Look I've gotta get to class, I'll see you at lunch." I said.

"Bye."

I put my head down and walked to my class. I walked into the room and walked to my desk. I looked up and saw peter already sitting there.

I put my head back down and walked to my desk that was right next to his, sadly. I set my stuff down and waited for attendance.

The announcements came on, which was just two teenagers on a tv that looked depressed as fuck.

Eventually the bell rang for the next class. I ran to the next class. I wanted to get as far away from peter as possible.

~¥~

Lunch came around. MJ always sits with peter and Ned which I always loved but now I don't.

I walked to the cafeteria and saw them sitting together already. MJ looked up and waved to me. I walked over to her. I sat next to her.

"Can we sit somewhere else today?" I asked her.

"Why......oh. Yeah of course." She said.

We stood up and walked away. We sat at another table.

"Are you going to be like this the rest of the school year?" MJ asked.

"Yeah. I can't talk to peter again. He broke my heart. Things change, MJ." I said.

She rolled her eyes.

"Yah know what, go sit with peter and Ned. I can't talk to anyone now." I said.

I stood up and ran out of the lunch room. I ran to the bathroom. I hid in a stall. I just sat there and cried. He looks happier now that we're apart, it's so annoying that that can't happen to me.

"Y/n?" I heard someone ask.

"What?" I asked.

"It's peter, can I talk to you?" He asked.

"As long as you get out of the girls bathroom." I said.

He walked out and I left the stall. I wiped the tears away. I walked out of the bathroom and saw peter standing on the other side leaning against the lockers.

I leaned against the lockers on the other side.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want to talk to you." He said.

"Ok, talk." I said.

"Look, I'm so sorry that I broke up with you. It's just, I can't risk you getting hurt." He said.

"My dad is the hawkeye, you would think I know how to fight." I said, "He keeps me safe by protecting me and teaching me. I've gotten out of many situations."

"I know, but I'm worried you won't get out of one. There's people that want to kill me everyday. I don't want that happening to you." He said.

"Ever think that people want all of the avengers dead everyday? There's people that show up to my house somedays trying to kill my entire family. Luckily me and my dad take care of them." I said, "This is why I'm so upset that we broke up. You know the same exact things happen to me everyday and I have to worry about getting to school without people coming out of nowhere and taking me away. Even if people did take me and try to find out who you are, they wouldn't completely worry about-"

I felt a warm pair of lips on mine. I was lost in explaining to even pay attention, but I already knew who it was, and I missed it so much.

He pulled away. I looked up into his beautiful brown eyes.

"You're right, I'm sorry I wasn't thinking." He said.

"You looked happier without me. I missed always talking to you." I said starting to cry a little bit.

He pulled me in for a hug. I rested my head on his chest.

"I'm so so sorry, y/n. I should've never broken up with you." He said.

He kissed my forehead.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said while still crying.

"Awwwww." We heard from the hall.

We turned to see who it was. We saw MJ and Ned watching us. I giggled at their weirdness.

"Are you back together, both of you were so fucking depressed and it got so annoying." Ned said.

I smiled and nodded.

"Yesss!!" MJ and Ned said in unison.

They high fived for some reason. I pulled away from peter. The bell rang. We walked hand in hand to history together.