Divorce [pt. 1]

~Your POV~

Today was December 23rd. The avengers were all going on a trip to catch a break for the holiday season. We were going to spend time on a cabin and I was sharing a room with my boyfriend, Peter. I couldn't wait.

I was all ready and my dad was getting ready still. My younger siblings were off with my mom on a trip by themselves and we won't be able to spend Christmas together this year. It's disappointing but it's not the first time it's happened.

We went and packed our things in the car. We got in.

"Are you excited?" My dad asked.

"Very. Just sad that mom couldn't come along this time." I said.

"Yeah....me too." He said.

He started the car and drove off.

Something is strange with him. He's been really depressed lately.

~¥~

The car ride was silent. It wasn't awkward though, the music was playing softly in the background and I stared out the window. Occasionally texting peter.

~¥~

We arrived at the cabin. We got out of the car and took our stuff inside. Basically everyone was there already. My dad and I walked in. I saw peter standing and talking with Natasha.

He looked over at me and he smiled. He ran over we hugged. We haven't seen each other in two months. I've been off training with my dad upstate and just a few days ago we came back. I haven't been able to see peter though.

I hugged him back tightly. I didn't wanna let him go. He kept kissing my cheek.

"Alright you two, stop before I make you." My dad said.

I chuckled. We let go and I pecked his lips.

"Clint, how's it been!" Steve asked as they hugged.

Peter helped me bring my things up to our room. We climbed up the stairs and walked to our room. We entered and it was so nice. I dropped the stuff in the corner and I was so amazed.

I sat on the bed and peter sat next to me.

"So How was the training?" He asked.

"It was amazing." I said.

I went on and on about the training and he just listened. That's what I loved about him. He listens to me, with everything. Even when I know he doesn't care, he still listens.

~¥~

We went out for dinner and went to this really fancy restaurant. We had a few separate tables. I sat with Peter, my dad and Natasha.

We sat down and ordered.

~¥~

We went back to the cabin. Peter and I watched a movie in our room. The adults were downstairs talking.

"I'll be right back, I need to go to the bathroom." I said.

I stood up and walked out. The only bathrooms were downstairs. I went and did my business. I walked out and I heard Steve say something.

"So Clint how are the kids after the divorce?" Steve asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks. My heart started racing. Is that why mom hasn't been with us? I walked back and hid behind a wall and listened to them.

"I haven't told them yet." Clint said.

"Well you can't keep this from them forever." Steve said.

"Yeah next thing you know there might be one eavesdropping on your conversation about this and boom, lives are ruined." Tony said.

I came out from hiding.

"Like right now?" I said.

They turned and all just stared in shock.

"Damn Tony, that was good." Steve said.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"Seriously, dad? Why would you keep this from me?" I asked.

Peter came out of the room and stood above, watching and listening.

"Sweety, I meant to tell you sooner. I just didn't wanna ruin your christmas." He said.

"Well it's kinda too late for that. If you would've told me sooner then maybe Christmas would've been fine!" I said, "How long?"

Peter came running downstairs and stood behind me. It went silent for a little before I got impatient.

"How long, dad!" I yelled.

"2 months. It was during your training and I wanted you to live up to your potential while we were down there and if I told you it would crush you." He said.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock!" I said.

"Language." I heard Steve say under his breath.

"Oh shut up Steve. You knew about this and never thought about telling me! All of you knew and none of you ever brought up anything about it!" I said.

I stopped. I turned around slowly to peter.

"Wait a minute, did you know about this peter?" I asked him.

I slowly walked over to him. I was tearing up and trying not to cry.

Peter looked away and crossed his arms. I stopped walking.

"Peter, tell me. Did you know about this?" I asked him again.

He looked up and looked me in the eyes. He nodded slowly. That's when I started crying. That just broke me.

"Peter, we tell each other everything! How could you not tell me this!" I yelled.

The room went silent.

"Looks like I can't trust any of you then." I said, "Not Steve, not peter....not even my own dad."

I started walking away. Peter wrapped his arm around me and tried to keep me there.

"No, Peter stop it. Just leave me alone!" I yelled to them.

I pried his arm off my waist and ran upstairs. I ran to our room and slammed the door. I locked it. I laid on the bed and cried into the pillow.

My parents were always so happy together. I don't see why they would get divorced. And the fact that everyone knew besides the child of the parents....that's what drew the line.