Shunning [pt. 1]

~Your POV~

"There's this new guy at school and he seems so weird." Y/f/n said.

"Who?" I asked.

"This guy named Peter Parker. He's so awkward and insecure and hidden. It's weird because he stands out also." (Random name) said.

"He can't be that bad. I mean, maybe if you get to know him he won't be that bad. Where is he?" I asked.

My friend pointed across the lunch room to a boy sitting alone at a lunch table.

"Ok, seems...ok." I said turning back around.

"We all think he's just here as a spy and then he's gonna leave a week later." Y/f/n said.

"That's ridiculous." I said.

"It's be rumor going around." She said.

"And how could you possibly believe that. You're a straight A student and had a 4.0 gpa last year, and you believe that? That's the first time I've seen you being dumb." I said.

"Well maybe I don't have a 4.0 gpa in drama and rumors. I believe any of it." She said.

"I find that hard to believe. Well, I'm just gonna go and try to talk to him." I said standing up.

"Y/n don't! You might be lured into his trap." (Random name) said.

"I'm not a five year old going for candy from a random guy in a van, ok? He's just another student at this school." I said.

I turned and walked over to his table. I sat down across from him.

"Hey, I'm y/n. Nice to meet you." I said.

"I-I'm peter." He said.

"Nice to meet you peter. So when did you move here?" I asked.

"J-Just last week, with my aunt. W-We came here from Colorado a-after my uncle died." He said.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm here if you need anything." I said.

He smiled.

"Thanks." He said.

"I'm just going to be honest with you, there's a rumor going around and people think you're a spy. Are you a spy or not?" I said already knowing the answer.

"No. That's kind of weird." He said.

"Exactly. But besides that, I hope we can become friends." I said.

The bell rang.

"Well, see yah around peter." I said standing up and throwing my trash away.

I walked to class, not seeing peter anywhere in the halls.