Brother

~Your POV~

"Ok I'm on my way right now, see you soon." I said to my brother, Ned.

"Bye." He said and hung up.

"You excited?" My mom asked.

"Yes. I haven't seen him in ages." I said.

She smiled. I lived in England for a while after my mom and dad split apart so my accent kind of goes In and out of an English accent. Because of that people don't think me and Ned are siblings.

Me and my mom just got off the plane and are headed to queens. He has a new best friend named peter. I haven't met him yet but I'm excited to. He seems nice for being on FaceTime with them.

We arrived in queens and we headed to his apartment.

~¥~

We arrived and I practically ran inside. My mom didn't want to see my dad after everything so I just went inside with my bag. I ran to the elevator and pushed the button for his floor. I was jumping around in the elevator. I arrived at the floor and ran to his apartment. I knocked on the door.

I waited for a few seconds and then Ned answered the door.

His eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh y/n!"

We hugged like never before. We let go and I came in. I shut the door.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He's at work. He'll be home soon though."

I nodded.

"But besides that, do you wanna meet my friend peter?" He asked.

"Sure, he seems really nice." I said.

"He is. And such a nerd." He joked.

I chuckled, "Yeah well I doubt that."

"Whatever you say." He said.

We walked back to his room. He opened the door and there was a guy sitting at a desk.

"Peter." Ned said.

He turned around and stared at me.

I smiled and waved.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi. I-I'm peter." He said.

"We've already met through FaceTime, but I'm y/n." I said while laughing a little.

"Righ-right. Sorry. Um it's n-nice to finally meet you." He said.

He stood up and we hugged. We sat around and talked.

"So hows England?" Ned asked.

"England?" Peter asked.

I nodded.

"Did you not notice her accent going in and out?" He asked.

"N-no."

I chuckled.

"It's fine. I don't really care. But it's amazing. It's cold a lot of the time but I've learned to love it there." I said, "How's it back here in queens?"

"It's awesome. Peter has a crush." Ned said.

"Dude!"

"What? She's my sister it's not like she's going to tell anyone." He said.

He sighed.

"Who?" I asked.

"Uh it's no one."

"You." Ned said.

I froze. I turned to peter slightly. He was sitting there with his head in his hands.

I smiled slightly.

"Well, I certainly won't tell anyone now." I said trying to break the awkward silence.

It was awkward from then on.

~¥~

We reached the end of the week. I was so sad having to say goodbye to the boys.

"Bye dad." I said hugging him.

"Bye sweety. Have a safe flight. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said.

I turned to Ned. I hugged him.

"Bye ned. Ill miss you." I said.

"It felt like you just got here." He said.

"I know. But I need to get back to England sooner or later." I said.

He nodded.

"Love you guys." I said.

I gave them one last hug and walked out. I walked to the elevator and I pushed the button for the lobby. I walked out and out to the car. I tossed my bag in the back and hopped in the front. I sighed.

"Are you alright honey?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just...don't really want to go." I said.

"I know, but we have to." She said.

"I know."

I buckled up.

"Let's just go before I start crying." I said.

She nodded. She started the car again and drove off. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Peter running after the car. I just stared.

I know he likes me, but long distance never works.