Camp [pt. 3]

~Your POV~

We walked back to the fire. I sat next to peter and held his hand. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"So did you call her yet?" Emma asked walking over to us.

"Not yet. I should go do that." I said.

"You can use the phone in the mess hall. We had one installed not too long ago." Emma said.

"Thanks but I have my phone." I said.

"You guys keep your phones?" She asked.

"Nope!"

I stood up and walked behind them. I called my mom.

"Hey what's up sweetie are you enjoying camp?" My mom asked.

"Yeah ever since I went over to camp kikiwaka. It's He camp across the lake and it's so much better than camp champion! Can I please transfer over?" I asked.

"What? No we have a contract there. You're staying at camp champion!" She said.

"Mom, the kids over here are so much nicer and it's so much more fun over here! Camp champion sucks and all they do is workout! E never get breaks and I only get four hours of sleep every night! That's literally less time than I get on school nights. I can't ever get a break even in summer!" I said.

"Even though it sounds nicer over there, what happened to saying you always love camp?" She asked.

"I lied just to make you happy. You had so many friends with the other moms there that you thought I would have fun too and I lied just to keep you happy." I said.

I saw peter out of the corner of my eye but I just ignored him for now.

"Well, I don't care if I'm happy, I just want you to be happy." She said.

"But you haven't had as much fun with friends like you are now. Ever since dad and Tyler died in the fire, none of us were ever happy. I'll just go back to camp champion so you can be happy. I'll figure something out." I said.

"No, no. I'll transfer you. Besides I've heard there's a lot of moms there that are fun any way. And your friends from school, their moms are fun too. Don't worry about me, I'll be happy. And I want you to be happy too so I'm transferring you as soon as possible. I'll call you when I do." She said.

"Really?!" I asked.

"Of course." She said.

"Yes! Thank you so much mom, you won't regret doing this." I said.

"I hope I won't." She chuckled.

"Goodnight Mom. I love you. Stay safe." I said.

"Goodnight and I love you too. You stay safe too. We can't lose each other." She said.

"Bye." I said.

"Bye."

I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. I turned to peter. I squealed. I ran up and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"So you're coming over?" He asked.

"Yup." I said.

He smiled and pecked my lips. I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said.

He set me down and walked back to the fire. I told Emma and the rest of them. They said I could move into woodchuck cabin.

"Looks like I belong to camp kikiwaka now."