Shunning [pt. 2]

~Your POV~

It's been a week since I started talking to that peter kid. I feel like everyday less and less people talk to me. Even my friends are ignoring me now.

I was walking with peter to lunch when I definitely noticed a change. When we were walking, people turned away and whispered things. They never looked at us, they always looked somewhere else.

They never talked to us.

What did we ever do to make the whole school against us?

"Hey peter, do you notice people not talking to you or me?" I asked him.

"No. It happens to me all the time." He said.

He continued on with what he was saying. All of a sudden I was pulled away from peter and to the girls bathroom.

"Let go of me!" I yelled.

They let go when we stopped. Girls shut the bathroom door. They were just my friends.

"Oh, hey guys. Why'd you have to-"

"Stop. We've noticed the more you hang out with peter, the more kids in this school neglect you. You have a good reputation at this school, you're not just gonna let one kid ruin that for you, are you?" Y/f/n asked.

"I don't even understand what I did wrong, all I did was talk to the new kid is that so bad?" I asked.

"It is for this school. Everyone knows there's something different about him, but you're just completely oblivious. Well let me tell you this. He's different! Nobody at this school likes different!" (Random name) yelled.

"Well has this school ever thought that maybe different is a good thing?! We don't all have to fit in with each other! Why does it affect the way this school goes around?" I yelled.

"Because different is bad y/n, we have an unwritten rule in this school. Never be different. Every student knows it and follows it and if someone doesn't follow the rule we ignore them. So you better change, or else we're not your friends anymore." Y/o/f/n said.

"Wow. I can't believe I was ever friends with you guys. You're all just plastic. You're fake and don't care about anything but reputation! You guys make me sick!" I yelled and ran out of the bathroom.

I ran to my locker and sat up against it. I curled up in a ball and cried. I heard someone sit next to me. It was peter.

"I heard everything that went on in the bathroom." He said.

"You did?"

"Yeah. And I only have one thing to say to you." He said.

I looked up and looked him in the eyes, waiting for a bad response.

"Thank you."

"Thank you?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you stood up for somebody that's different. You gave up your friends for one guy." He said, "So I say, thank you."

I smiled. I leaned on his shoulder.

"Your welcome." I said.

There's was an awkward silence.

"But, Thank you. For being different and being you. I've never had a friend like that." I said.

"Your welcome." He said.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Let's just try to stick by each other, no matter what." I said.

"Yeah. I'd like that."