Chapter 3: A Rocket

"Ka-Chan! Why would you do that?!?"

"What a pointless question with an obvious answer. Cause I wanted to." He said as calm as can be and then went to sit.

I stood there like an idiot, contemplating weather I should kick Ka-Chan or run out to grab the notebook. I decided on the latter. I tried to run out, but the teacher came in.

"And where are you going Izuku-San?"

"Back to my seat sensei!" I chirped

"That's what I thought."

I returned to my seat and we all got up to greet the teacher, "Good afternoon sensei."
Shortly after, the lesson began.

"So today we are going to go over the... Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....."

I was zoned out for a while until I got pelted by paper balls! The sensei turned around due to the commotion and yelled at us to keep quiet. Not even thirty seconds later, another round of paper balls were thrown at me. I was trying to be really patient with them buuuut they attackted me again. Without thinking I got up and screamed, "Can you please stop assaulting me with balls!"

The entire class turned around and started to laugh, I turned beet red realizing what had just come out of my mouth. To top it all of the teacher turned around, threw a chalk at my head and threatened to send me to the principle. I quickly stuttered an apology and sat back down.

When I sat down Ka-Chan looked me dead in the eye and threw another ball that hit me square in the forehead and then motioned me to open it. He had written me a note.

(Below is the conversation Midoriya and Bakugo had by throwing paper balls at each other.)

........

After school Ka-Chan and I ran into each other so we decided to head to "our spot" together. "Our spot" was just a clearing in the woods we use to hang out in when we were kids.

     As soon as we entered the clearing, a flood of memories came rushing back. All the good times, the bad times, and our final moments of being best friends... Everything was just as we left it, well kinda. The plants had gone crazy but everything else was the same.

"Wow, the nostalgia." I said.

"...yeah..." Ka-Chan said.

"I missed this place."

"Me too, Deku, me too." He said in a low whisper.

I slight gasp escaped my mouth as I saw a rocket! Our rocket!

"Oi Deku, why you gasping?"

I pointed at the rocket in the corner of the clearing and Ka-Chan smiled. I quickly ran over to it and said, "Do you think it still works?" He slowly walked over and shrugged, "Only one way to find out."

I started tanking weeds off of it, while Ka-Chan tried to get the rocket out of the ground. It took us a good ten minutes, but we finally got it out. I raised the rusty, dust covered rocket above my head, "We did it!"

"Yes we did." Ka-Chan said with a huge smile on his face.

"You wanna make it fly?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course!"

And for the first time in years, Ka-Chan had a happy look on his face. If he was happy then I was happy.

If I remember correctly, the rocket is supposed to be powered by Ka-Chan's explosions. I turned around and gave him a slight node and he smirked.

Ka-Chan threw the rocket in the air and blasted it! Unfortunately, the rocket was old and crusty so as soon as the blast hit it, the rocket fell apart and pieces of it were falling down. The pieces were also on fire due to the explosion and the biggest part was about to fall on Ka-Chan!

I quickly grabbed Ka-Chan's hand and pulled him towards me, just as the huge ass piece of rocket shit fell on the ground. Luckily, Ka-Chan was fine, me... not so much.

When I was saving Ka-Chan, I tripped over something and I fell, and Ka-Chan landed on top of me.

"Owwww, Ka-Chan! You weigh a ton."

"Fucking Deku."

Ka-Chan was turning redder and redder by the minute. It was kinda cute, he never looks flustered.

"Ka-Chan?"

"What?"

"You are crushing me."

"O-oh."

     He quickly scrambled off and sat crisscross-applesauce and sighed, quite audibly. I scooted next to him and put my head in his lap. Don't ask why I did that, I just did.

"What the hell is this shit?! Get off!"

"No." I said in a whiny voice, "I don't wanna."

"Who cares what you want! I want you off!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"I'm not getting up, Ka-Chan."

"Fucking bastard."

     He eventually stopped shuffling and draped his arm over me.

"Fucking Deku."

     I couldn't help but smile, he's so adorable. The way he gets flustered when I do something, the way he mutters when he gives in, the way he smiles so no one can tell. I love you, Ka-Chan, although I can never tell you.

     After a couple minutes of comfortable silence, it hit me! Ka-Chan wanted to talk about something, and I am really curious.

"So, Ka-Chan," I started, "What did you wanna talk about?"

     Silence...

After a couple moments he finally said, "I wanted to ask you a question..."

"About what?"

"..."

"Ka-Chan?"

"About your quirk."

     My heart started to pound, what does he know? I've been so careful, there is no way he actually knows. He can't possibly...

"I can feel your heart pounding, you know." He said.

"..."

"Are you really quirk-less, Deku?"

     What do I do? Do I tell him? Do I run? I cants possibly answer him...

     After a few moments, I decided to run. I quickly got up and tried to escape. My attempt failed because of a course hand latching on to my wrist. To my surprise, Ka-Chan grabbed me and pulled me back down. He then grabbed my other wrist and pinned be to the ground, quite roughly I might add.

"Answer me Deku! Are you quirk-less?" He screamed.