Chapter Fourteen: First Day

I took a deep breath and walked in to the school, then proceeded to class 1-A. I somehow made it into the top freshmen class, along with Ka-Chan of corse. I didn't know who else would be in the class, I assume it's going to be really powerful people, so I don't know how I got in.

"Deku..", I heard a soft voice say, "Calm down, you are here because you are meant to be here. Stop doubting yourself, I know I don't. Hell, you are the only person I know who has two quirks AND got into U.A. without defeating a single robot-monster."

I looked at Ka-Chan, who was still clutching my hand. He let go and gently carcasses the width of my back and walked into class. I sighed, "Damn him, always says the right things."

"Hey, you're in this class too?!" I heard a cheery voice say. I looked behind me to see the girl who saved me at the entrance exam. "Hey, I'm Ururaka Ochaco. You're Deku right?"

I was taken back, I felt my face twist, it was so weird hearing anyone except Ka-Chan call me 'Deku'. "K-kind of-" She had already stormed into the class before I could finish.

I walked into the blinding classroom and quickly looked at the seating chart on the door and took my seat accordingly. I looked over at Ka-Chan, he already had his feet propped up and was going through his phone. He was also getting yelled at by some random dude, already causing trouble.

After a while, something slipped into the classroom. A yellow caterpillar that was the size of a god damn building! I watched horrified as the thing stood up and had a human face. It yawned and in the most monotone voice said, "Good morning class, I'm your teacher, Aizawa Sensei."

"Good morning Aizawa Sensei." The class mumbled.

"I want you all to introduce your selves and the we are gonna do something after. Let's start with seat one.

[I'm too lazy to write intros so enjoy this picture instead.]

"Okay, now we are going to change and do physical testing

"Okay, now we are going to change and do physical testing. Also if you place last in all six tests, I'm expelling you." He said very bored.

............

Once we got changed we headed to the gym for a series of tests, and as expected, I placed last in most of them... It was finally time for the last test, I CANNOT fail. I'm gonna stay and become a hero even if it kills me. I was determined.

     The last test was throwing a ball. He wanted to see how far we could throw it using our quirks. People threw it soooooo far, and it was finally my turn.

     Deep breaths and throw!!!!!! I used my index finger to propel the ball forward, breaking it in the process. I heard snickers in the crowd and a 'tch'.

"Okay, thank you Midoriya. Go to Recovery Girl after we finish."

     I nodded and scurried back to the crowd of people.

"Deku that was sooooooo cool!" I almost thought it was Ka-Chan but he was never this bubbly and his voice wasn't so high pitched. It was that girl, Ururaka.

"Deku?" I heard an angry Ka-Chan whisper. I should probably tell her to not call me that. It feels weird plus Ka-Chan would blow her head up.

"Uhhhh, Ururaka-San?"

"What is it Deku?"

"Can you please not call me Deku?"

"But isn't that your name?"

"No, my name's Midoriya Izuku."

"Oh. Yeah for sure, I'll call you Midoriya-Kun from now on."

"Thank you."

"But can I ask why?"

What was I supposed to tell her? That I only let Ka-Chan call me that? "Uhhhh, only one person calls me that and it feels weird if someone else does."

She was quiet for a moment and nodded, "Okay."

     I smiled brightly at her and looked over to Ka-Chan, expecting him to be happy that I told her off. He was not.

"Okay, we are done. You can head back to class now and Midoriya go see Recovery Girl." The teacher said.

"Soooo, no one is expelled?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"I wasn't gonna expel anyone, that was a gag to get maximum results."

     The entire class groaned in unison, what an interesting teacher. I don't understand, is everyone at U.A. like this? Oh well, doesn't matter.

     We all headed back and I went to see Recovery Girl. By the time I was done, it was lunch time. Great! I'm starved.

                                    ............

     Towards the end of class, everyone was talking and making new friends. I feel like the respective groups have already been formed, like the outline of them.

     The day quickly ended and Ka-Chan and I walked home. I wanted to grab his hand, but he  didn't let me.

In my whiniest voice, "Whyyyyyyyy?"

"Cause." He muttered, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Whatever." I sighed.

     Once we were out of school proximity, he took his hands out and intertwined them with mine.

"Dude, what in the actual fuck?" I asked surprised.

"Did you just..?" He pondered.

"Are you bipolar?" I asked in all honesty. Like I really wanted to know, he changes his mood so often, he's really random, and has mild manic episodes.

"What?" He asked confused, "I don't think so. Why?"

I shrugged, "You seem like it."

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know."

He sighed, "I do know people in my family that are bipolar, so I may be. I don't know, I've never been tested."

"I was joking, you know."

"I figured, but I told you anyway."

"Awww thanks!"

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For being so open." I said looking at him and smiling.

"You're only allowed to smile at me like that." He said casually.

"Oh?"

"Like if you talk to that floaty girl again, don't smile like that."

"Huh? I'm not allowed to smile?"

"Idiot. Of corse you are, but not that happily. That smile should be reserved for me and me alone."

"Oh my, Ka-Chan are you jealous?"

"Fuck no." He said almost immediately, but blushing intensely.

     I smiled to myself, it's the first time that he has been jealous. When did he get so jealous?

"Like the way you are smiling now. I want to be the only one to make you smile like that."

     And that line had me blushing the entire way home.