Chapter Eleven: Talking

[This chapter will be narrated from Ka-Chan's POV. Enjoy 😊]

This tiny little lady, who wasn't even related to me was actually more excited about me getting into my dream school than my own parents would have been. It's not that my parents are bad people, the old hags are ok, and they love me a lot, but they have never shown affection like this. This lady, who claimed I was her "son" was currently screaming her head off and smothering Deku and I with kisses, had nothing but love to give.

"I'm so proud of you guys! We are going to celebrate in the morning ok? I'll make a huge breakfast! Gah! You guys are so cool! I can't wait for you two to be heroes."

     With that she left the room, leaving Deku and I alone. I have been here for a couple of hours but this family has changed me. It's just something about them, they are so kind. I might actually love them...

                                 ............

     It was officially summer, and I had been living with these people for about a month. I honestly feel like a changed man! I still fight with Deku and "mom", I still have a short temper, but somehow they have made room in my heart. I've never felt like this before and I don't know if that's a good thing.

Deku and I fight on a daily basis, so hard to room with that fucking nerd. He doesn't annoy me as much as he used to, but still! He's very different than I am. Our room is literally split in half, my side is cool and collected and organized while Deku's is an All Might otaku messy wonderland. I want him to clean up a little and he goes at it! I've realized that we aren't compatible and the little bit of feelings that I had for him have spiraled. If something doesn't change soon, I'm gonna go fucking insane. But I still love this place. Feels like home.

This particular morning was really bad, Mrs.Midoriya was out and Deku refused to put away his All Might dolls.

"I'm not asking you to throw them away, I'm just asking you to put them away!" I screamed.

"Well I don't want to! It's my room and I can do what I want!"

"It's my room too!"

"No, I don't want you here!"

"You think I wanna be here, you fucker!"

"What did you just say?!"

We continued this stupid banter for the next couple of minutes before we both walked away, fuming. He really gets on my nerves, I just wanna punch him! What the hell is his problem, I just want him to clean up. How's that so hard to do.

In these situations, I usually go and sit on the couch and then Deku comes in later and we make up, only to argue again the next day... Today was no exception.

I went to sit, then Deku showed up, we became friends again and so on. After a while, I felt like asking questions.

"What happened to us?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Deku said.

"I mean, we used to get along so well and now all we do is argue."

"You're right."

"So let's talk. Let's tell each other everything."

"Okay, let's. No more secrets.

"I'll go first, why did you hide your quirk."

"All you ever wanna know is about my quirk, but fine. Today's the day I tell you everything."

"Fucking finally."

He took a deep breath and started, "I discovered my quirk later than everyone else, about three years later. I inherited my dad's quirk of breathing fire."

"So that's what I felt on my neck!"

"Yup. Anyway, I didn't tell anyone because I thought they would make fun of me, or wouldn't believe me. I tried telling my mom, but she didn't listen, so I was all alone. I trained in secret and eventually was able to control my quirk. Later on, I met All Might who also gave me a quirk. He has a quirk known as One For All and he passed it down to me. Therefore I have two quirks."

"Yeah right! I don't believe you."

He sighed and the he showed me both his quirks.

"Okay, I believe you..." I said shakily.

"Now, onto way I hid my quirk. I was known as quirk-less for so long and everyone bullied me, so I thought if I came out and told people, they would bully more. So I lived as quirk-less. But that gave me an even bigger reason to become a hero. I decided to become a hero so I could bring justice to the world. I would make sure that no weak man is treated unfairly. I would fight for equality."

I was silent for a while, what a great guy. He went through all this shit and all he wants to do is turn the world into a better place, if I was in his shoes, I would be probably be out for revenge... I looked over at Deku and saw him in a new light. What a beautiful human being. I felt insignificant and unimportant compared to him.

"What?" He asked bashfully.

"You're a beautiful human being." It just slipped.

"H-huh?" He said, while an infinite red color spread across his cheeks.

I chuckled, "I wouldn't be the bigger person in your situation. I would be out for revenge."

He sighed, "Why do YOU wanna be a hero?"

I didn't wanna answer.

"Do you not wanna tell me..?"

I shook my head.

"Please tell me." He said all innocently.

"It's a stupid reason." I muttered.

"Ka-Chan! Why would you say that?" He asked angrily.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Please tell me." He asked again.

"Fine. I want to prove myself. All my life people have labeled me as a bully with anger issues. Which I am, but I want to prove that I am more than the labels they gave me. I want to prove that I can be a great hero and save people."

"Now, how is that a stupid reason?" He asked with a bright smile on his face.

"Is it not?" I grumbled.

"Hey Ka-Chan, look at me."

I kept looking down and he got frustrated. He proceeded to put my face in between his hands and make me look at him. He then dropped one of his hands to my hand and caressed my cheek with the other. This time I was the one who was becoming red.

"You are a beautiful person, inside and out." He cooed his words.

I was right, my feelings for this boy have spiraled.