Chapter Thirty-Four: Bad Luck

MIDORIYA IZUKU POV

"We should really get out of here." I said meekly.

"You think?" Ka-Chan said sarcastically.

"Who's house is the closest?" Todoroki-Kun asked.

"Mine." Ka-Chan said. "In fact, you can see it from here."

"What are you talking about? Our house is at least 15 minutes from here."I said while looking around at the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Boy, I'm talking about the house I used to live in." Ka-Chan corrected.

I nodded and formed my mouth into the letter 'O'.

"Lead the way."

..........

We entered the dark apartment and were pleasantly surprised.

"Wow Ka-Chan, I thought it would be musty and dank in here..." I admitted.

"Why?" He asked absentmindedly as he turned on the lights.

"You know, you live with us now."

"Yeah, so? I come here to clean up and make sure things are running smoothly, for when my parents come back."

Then it hit me, he's not gonna live with me forever! "I see."

He walked over to the couch and sat down, with me still snuggled in his arms. He tightened his grip around me and brought me impossibly close to him. He rested his head on my back and sighed.

"I think I'll go." Todoroki said after a while.

"What? Why? Don't, after what we went through." I said, suddenly getting out of Ka-Chan's embrace.

"It's coolio, I need to see my family." He reassured us.

"BITCH! GET YO' MOFO ASS OVER HERE!" I screamed.

"He's right." Ka-Chan added.

"You want me to stay?" He asked.

"Yeah." Ka-Chan responded nonchalantly.

"Bakugo Katsuki of all people?" Todoroki-Kun pondered.

"Okay, so if you really wanna leave, which I highly suggest you don't, then we are all going to walk to your house." I said.

"All?" He asked.

"Bitch, ain't no one getting left alone after that debacle." I stated.

"Alright fine." Todoroki-Kun said, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Coolio." I imitated.

I patted the spot next to me, Todoroki-Kun made his way over and sat down, quite rigidly. I can't blame him though, that event was... I don't even know, just really bad. We sat in silence for a while, not really sure if we should talk, and if we should, what about? My head feels pretty empty. I started playing with my hands, having nothing else to do, one of my fingers accidentally grazed over my wrist causing me to whimper. I had forgotten about the marks. I gaped at my ugly wrists, they were marked with red and blue and purple and yellow... I sighed as I thought about how they got there, about how I was unable to defend myself, about me putting my friends in danger. It was my fault. If I had just gone with them willingly, none of this would have happened, they wouldn't have been hurt. God damn it! I balled up my fists and slammed them unto my thighs, causing a weird ache to go through my hands.

"Deku?" A nebulous voice asked.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I croaked.

I got my butt off the couch and headed down the hall, now I knew my way around the place since I spent my childhood here. Memories. I entered the dark bathroom and lightly shut the door, didn't even bother to turn on the lights. I waited a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the sudden blackness, something told me I should expect this from now on. I made my way to the mirror, finally getting a good look at myself, and it wasn't pretty. Cuts and bruises and scratched and imprints and god knows what else, they got me. But starring at myself reminded me of one thing, my friends. My friends and the guilt! Once again, the guilt! It was all my fault! I was the one they wanted, I was the one that refused, I was the one that got them into that situation, it was my fault. It was my fault! It was my fault! It was my fault! I slammed my fists against the counter, causing pain to go through my arms, I should probably stop. I looked at my bright red eyes in the mirror and laughed immediately coughing after. The red-hot trail of tears flowed, I'm a mess.

"Deku, seriously open up!" Someone screamed. They sounded like they've been knocking for a while.

     I couldn't really conjure up words, my tongue was limp, my larynx nonexistent. Maybe its time I stop. I should just stop putting everyone in danger, I should just stop fighting it and join them. Maybe it is just better for everyone if I disappear. 

"Deku, I swear to god, open the fucking door!" 

"Calm down." 

"The fuck you mean 'calm down'?! I can't calm down!" 

"Then go somewhere else and throw a fit." 

"Wha-" 

"You're not helping him, calm down or leave." 

"I can't just leave!" 

"Then be quiet." 

I heard mellow steps approach the door and a soft tap on the door, "Izuku?" 

"..." I turned on the faucet, drowning out his calculating voice. I didn't wanna hear it, I just want to leave. I threw my head up in frustration and saw a cursed prize, the window. I can easily escape, right? That doesn't matter, I just need to get out and clear my head. 

     Turns out escaping wasn't as hard as I thought, just a simple one, two, three. Jump on the counter, open window, and climb out, simple. The cold air greeted me as I entered the outside world, nipping my bare legs. I forgot that I wasn't wearing pants. But at the moment only one thing remained on my mind. I let my legs guide me to the distinguished location. I was hoping for a warm embrace and a soothing voice yet the scene in front of me was of sheer horror... I guess I really am bad luck. 

A/N: 

Guess whos still alive!?! 

Sorry for the late update, but you should get used to it. I'm sorry, I've been busy, but I'll try to get better, I promise. 

Thank you all for still reading and being patient with me. You guys are honestly so amazing, I really can't say enough to express myself. 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! 

Can You Save Me? [Complete]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें