Chapter Seventeen: Nomu

[Apologies in advance for the sucky chapter]

"All Might!" I screamed.

No way was I gonna sit back and watch my hero get trampled on and do nothing! I was gonna help him, as much as a little frail boy can, but I will help him.

"All Might! Can I do anything to help?!" I pleaded.

"Save yourself and your classmates. Let me handle this." He said darkly.

"I can't!"

"I said, SAVE THE CLASS!" He said impatiently while dodging punches no one else could.

I gulped, knowing full well that I have to leave, but I couldn't bring myself to. He may be the strongest, but can he really handle this thing by himself? I watched in awe as he through punches, dodged, and got hit.

It had been a good five minutes, yet neither was giving up. I could see All Might was getting tired, constantly shifting from his hero form and his regular form. He can't keep this up for much longer, I need to do something.

     Without thinking, I ran towards the fight and punched the ground, breaking my hand in the process. I hit it with enough force to send Nomu flying back, unfortunately, so did All Might. I rushed to him and helped him to his feet.

"Thanks." He said, while coughing up blood, "Now let me handle the rest. You've surprised him, let me finish him."

     I watched in awe and horror as this hero continued to run forward, despite fear, despite weakness, despite anything, just to save the people around him. That's the kind of hero I want to be. I don't know what those villains were talking about, the heroes are so selfless.

     Nomu came at All Might and punched, he landed a good hit to his stomach. All Might staggered back, clutching his abdomen, trying to mask his pain through a smile.

"You think that will hurt me?" He said shakily.

     With one final blow, All Might ran up to the giant and punched.

"TEXAS SMASH!!!!"

     Nomu fell on his back and didn't get back up. All Might looked at the fallen villain and returned to his normal form. I heard whoops and cheers from my classmates, as they realized All Might had defeated a monster no one else could. They started running up to him and he looked at me with panicked eyes.

"No one can see you like that." I said softly. He slowly nodded and I ran up to him.

"Don't worry I got this!"

     I staggered up the pit towards everyone and pretended to be in a lot of pain.

"H-help.." I wheezed, "P-please help."

     After that, I fell to my knees, pretending that I couldn't support myself. Kirishima-Kun and Ka-Chan came up to me and sling my arms over their shoulders.

"T-thank you." I said shakily.

Kirishima-Kun flashed me his bright smile, "No problem!"

"Tch." I heard on the other side. I couldn't help but chuckle and the polar personalities around me.

     They hauled me up and everyone else followed. Once I got to the top, I looked over and saw multiple heroes fighting Nomus, smaller Nomus though. I looked down and saw a frustrated Iida-Kun on the floor.

They let me down, next to the class rep, "What's wrong?"

He looked at me with a pained expression, "I failed."

"What?"

"You all bravely fought and I ran away! I ran to get the heroes!"

I chuckled, "Is that all?"

"..."

"Iida-Kun, you saved us all."

"How?"

"If you hadn't, we would all have died."

"That's true, man." Kirishima-Kun added.

"Yeah, we wouldn't be here without you!" Ururaka-San chirped.

"Thank you!" Yaoyorozu-San said.

     Everyone in the class spoke up and thanked Iida for his actions, because it's true, we wouldn't be here without him.

Iida-Kun looked up with teary eyes, "You guys are the best!"

I smiled, "Now, come on. Let's face the demons outside."

     Slowly, all the villains were defeated and the heroes joined us, once everyone was together we went outside to deal with that commotion. Unsurprisingly, the press had already gathered telling their ridiculous theories, waiting for us to clear them up.

     U.A. ended up getting a lot of bad press. They didn't trust us as much as before due to the infiltration. I couldn't blame them, but I couldn't agree with them.

     We slowly recovered within the following month and moved onto the next thing planned for the students, which was the sports festival. All Might had been getting slower and slower, and I'd been breaking bones every time I used my power.

     My mom saw my suffering, and started to be against me and Ka-Chan attending U.A. Although she never said it, we could feel it.

     I couldn't get the villain's words out of my head. I started doubting my hero duty, JUST A LITTLE, but it was there.

     I don't know if I want to continue the course, if I'm unsure.