Chapter Twenty-Three: Lunch Time Tensions

[Idk, but the tittle cracks me up!]

     I was having a grand old time hanging out with all my friends, new and old, until I saw a certain person walk out. I knew he was antisocial but he didn't even eat anything! I probably shouldn't follow him, but then again, why wouldn't I?

"Hey guys, I'll be right back." I said

     I walked out without waiting for a response and followed the guy. Look, I can be an ass sometimes but that doesn't mean I don't care for people. I walked into hallway and saw him lean against a wall and audibly sigh. He can also be an ass, but he's just misunderstood. He needs someone and maybe I can help him?

"Todoroki-Kun." I said softly.

     He jolted up and narrowed his eyes when they landed on me but then slumped back to his original position. I went over and stood across from him. The hallway was very narrow so our feet touched slightly and I could hear every breath he took.

"Why are you here?" He deadpanned.

"I followed you." I admitted.

"Why?"

"Just cause... Should I not have?"

"Probably not."

"Oh? Why is that?"

"I don't know."

"I lied, I actually had a reason to follow you."

"Thought so. Well, what is it?"

"I had a question.." He cocked an eyebrow at me and I continued "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure? Cause you left in such a hurry and you didn't eat anything so-"

"So you were worried about me?"

I looked at him for a moment and nodded.

"Why would you worry about me? We're not even friends."

I quickly shook my head, "Of course we are friends! True, we may never talk or hang out, but I still consider you my friend!"

He looked at me with a puzzled expression and chuckled "But isn't that what a friend is?"

"Do you not want to be friends then?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Can I ask a question first?"

"You just did."

He rolled his eyes but asked anyway "How do you know All Might? He treats you a little differently and you guys have pretty similar quirks, are you his secret love child or something?"

I stood there dumbfounded, I never thought he would ask that.

"Is that a yes?"

"No, you're wrong! I just met him before U.A. when I was getting attacked by a villain."

"Alright."