Chapter Twenty-One: Strategy

A chill ran through my body, I started to shiver in the sweltering heat. I could feel the tense, cold stares ripping holes in my skin. The red eyes on me, on every move I make, on every breath I take. A shiver ran down my spine, they are all after me... This ain't gonna end well, ten million points basically guarantees first place. Welp, nice knowing you world, I've lived a good life.

"IT WAS NICE KNOWING Y'ALL! I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!" I screamed, unintentionally or intentionally, they'll never know.

"Heh, it looks like first place has made his um, declaration? Damn kids are idiots..." I heard Midnight say.

You know what? I ain't dealing with shit today, "DAMN KIDS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU, OLD HAG!" Damn, I've been spending too much time with Ka-Chan.

"E-Excuse me?"

     I just stuck my tongue out and walked over to the place where the battle was to take place. I ain't taking no shit from no one, beware bitch,  competitions bring about a new Izuku. This Izuku won't go easy and will beat your asses. I bet on it! After beating Ka-Chan, I feel different, I feel powerful. I like it. I licked my bottom lip, enjoying the new surge of confidence, ignoring all the shocked eyes on me.

"Got something to say?" I said finally. Everyone quickly looked away.

"Yeah, I do." My eyes landed on a fuming Ka-Chan walking towards me. He grabbed my collar roughly "What the hell is your problem?! Winning get to your head?"

A sly smirk spread over my face, "What ever do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. You gave me shit for unnecessary fighting, now you go and do the same thing. What a damn hypocrite."

"You're right, I guess. Sorry for being a hypocrite." I lowered my voice so only he could hear what I was about to say "I guess I turned into you."

"Bastard." He said pushing me sharply and letting go.

"True. Team up with me."

"Hell no! I'm gonna fucking beat you and be first."

"If I'm on your team and we manage to keep the headband safe, you'll be in first place. I beat you once, you sure about letting it happen again?"

"It ain't gonna happen again."

"Oh?"

"I'm gonna beat you this time. You had your moment in the limelight, it's my turn."

"Then be on my team." Truth be told, I wanted to work alone, but since this is a group activity, I have to work with people. I also knew that Ka-Chan would never team up with me, I hurt his fragile pride and he's gonna do whatever he can to salvage it.

"Nope." He said popping the p. "And even if I wanted to, I already have a team with four."

"Okay. Later boyfriend!"

"Weirdo. Unfortunately, he's my fucking weirdo. Shitty mistake."

      I couldn't help but to chuckle at his statement, we may argue but at the end of the day, we still love each other, not that he will ever admit that. I guess he's my shitty mistake as well. Whatever, I'm not gonna admit that.

"I HATE YOU TOO!" I called out.

"Tch, get lost."

"Music to my ears!"

     With that I turned around to try and find a team. Sadly, most people had already formed teams or didn't wanna be with me. I wish I could work by myself, buuuuuut I can't. Let me see, who would want to be in a team with me? Maybeeeeeeeeeeee, URURAKA-SAN!!!

"URURAKA-SAN! BE IN A TEAM WITH ME!"

"Huh? Midoriya-Kun?"

"Please?" I said giving her the puppy face.

"Well, how can I refuse that face?"

"I don't know!"

"Okay Fine. Now we need two others."

I don't wanna, but I nodded. 

"PERSON FROM FIRST PLACE!!!" Some rando screamed.

"What is it?" I said turning around.

"LET ME JOIN YOUR TEAM!" She said, putting her face in mine.

"S-so close. Who are you?"

"I'm Hatsume Mei from the hero support course!" She said excitedly. "Teaming up with you is a perfect opportunity for me to show off my babies to top agencies."

We aren't exactly in a position to turn down members, "Okay, join our team."

"Alright! This means I can show off my babies!!!!!"

"Hehe, awesome!" I said nervously.

"Okay, we have three people, one more to go." Ururaka-San chirped.

I nodded absentmindedly.

     I didn't want another person to join us but we do need it. We may be powerful, but EVERYONE will be after my headband. The more the merrier in this case but I still don't want it.

     Most people are already in teams, so who can I choose? I wish I could choose Iida-Kun but he already is in a team, so who's left? No, not him or her or him or him and he's in a team and so is she soooooooo, HIM!

"You!" I gradually went up to Tokoyami-Kun and asked him to join.

"Sure, whatever." He said.

"Awesome, follow me."

"Kay."

     I have my team! I've proclaimed us as the Dream Team. We can do this!

-Ururaka Ochaco: Hero Course

-Hatsume Mei: Hero Support Course

-Tokoyami Fumikage: Hero Course

-Midoriya Izuku: Hero Course.

I got a say, we are a pretty good team! A group of misfits with the highest points fighting the rest of the pack. Yup, we still dead.

BEEEEEEEP!

"Alright, the timer has gone off! I assume you have formed your teams because the battle is about to begin! As always try your hardest but please don't kill each other, too much paperwork for U.A. Anyway, get into your positions, discuss any last minute plans because we will be starting in the next minute!" Good luck!" Midnight announced.

I looked over at me teammates, I nodded at each of them and sat on top. I tied all the headbands on my forehead and discussed over strategy.

"We got this guys!" I said happily.

"We can do it!" Ururaka-San said.

"We are the strongest!" Hatsume-San added.

"Yay." Tokoyami-Kun said meekly.

     We got into position and waited for the game to start.

"READY"

"SET"

"GOOOOOOOOOOO!"