Chapter 4: New kid?

ATTENTION!! I AM CHANGING THE STORY AND REMOVING THE ALPHA KIDS FROM THE STORY. IT HAD BEEN CREATING SOME CONFUSION AND I HAVE SOME GOOD IDEAS IN MIND. SORRY!

===================================

Your name is John Egbert and you still haven't gotten out of bed. Its about 4 am and your alarm already went off. The only reason why you still haven't gotten out of bed is because your afraid of whats to come at school. It was only yesterday that those guys beat you up and the last thing you want is it to become a daily problem. As soon as your dad picked you up from school he's was worrying all over you and was threatening to sue who ever hurt you. Unfortunately you refused to say who hurt you. You think your fathers just overreacting and being over protective. Like always... A knock on your door is what tears you out of your thoughts. And you yell a tentative "Come in..." Your father soon opens the door and looks at you worried " You ok son? You haven't came down yet." You smile gently and reply "Sorry dad, i lost track of time" . You don't wanna worry your father about the matter so you decide not to mention it at all. You drag yourself out of your sweet ghost sheets and get yourself ready for the rest of the day.

Next think you know your sitting in your first class of the day. English. Your teacher is ironically named Mr. English and he's and attractive man or so you've heard, with an accent in between british and Australian. At the moment he is passing out the first book your gonna start reading that semester. A book called 'Animal Farm' its something about communism or something. It has a project linked with it so Mr. English assigns partners. You get paired with a kid named Karkat. All you know is that he's loud and rude and your not sure how good of a partner he'll be. Mr. English starts to tell everyone the instructions of the project when a kid just enters the classroom. Huh. You've never seen this guy before. He must be new.

He's wearing a red hoodie with a lighter red gear and a white shirt underneath with a pixelated record. He's also wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and red converse. Your eyes snap up to his face after you realize your staring at him. He's tall and his face is angular and skin a light color flickered with freckles. His hair a really light blond and a pair of aviators. Hmm. They look kinda familiar... You snap out of your trance and realize that everyone else is in one too...even the teacher. The blond kid just walks up to Mr. E and hands him two pieces of paper. Mr.E grabs the paper and reads through them until his face lights up and he says

"Welcome to english Davi-i mean dave! My name is Jake English but you can call me Mr. English"

"Class this is a new student that just moved here recently. His name is Dave Strider and i hope you give him a warm welcome."

The new kid jerks his head up in greeting. Hands still in pocket. He takes one out and pulls out a third note. The teachers starts to read his eyebrows furrow slightly and his smile fades.

"I assume you don't have a translator"

Dave shakes his head and everyone looks at the teacher confused asking for answers with their eyes.

" Oh well, thats unfortunate. I suppose I could pair you up with John and Karkat in the newest project."

You can hear Karkat audibly groan near you and Dave shrugs. The teacher points at the seat behind you and tells him thats his new seat. Dave just strides, literally strides to his seat and sits down. The class ends relatively quickly. And so does the rest of your classes and next thing you know its lunch and you realize something. Dave is extremely popular. Like not even the social popular, like the popular where they are so cool that nobody wants to be close to him otherwise they feel intimidated. He's lucky, everyone is dyin to be able to hang out with him. Your just ignored and lonely. This sucks. But his style does stick out to you, you think you might tell turntech about the new kid. He sounds like the kid TG would approve of. Lunch ends with relative ease and so does the rest of the day. You were able to leave school with only a few minor bruises.

John: Be the time traveler

===================================

Time traveler? Your not a time traveler,but you might as well be because it seems like time has stopped. Everyone's just kind of staring at you like you just killed somebody. So instead of being awkward you saunter up to who you believe is the teacher and hand him your paperwork. He does the who introduction bull and you hand him your third paper which is a hand written note written by bro about your "disability" and also to give you permission to wear your shades inside. While he's reading the notes many emotions cross over his face but your not really paying attention. Your too busy noticing a black haired boy you met in the café. His eyes even more entrancing when their eyes are as wide as they are now. You wanna smirk but decide against it. Ya know bad first impressions of sorts. You hear the teacher ask you if you have a translator and you shake you head. You look back out over the class and everybody looks confused especially the boy from the café, his eyebrows knit together and hit large teeth nibble on his bottom lip in confusion. Ok that was adorable.

Your teacher tells you that you'll be joining two boys named Karkat and John in the new project. You hear one groan with distinct bags under his eyes and a black hoodie, which you can only assume is a person you'll be working with. Meanwhile your teacher points to the boy from the café and says

"You'll take the seat behind John. Im sure that will make working on the project easier for you."

Oh. So his name's John Huh. It suits him. You shrug and stride over to your seat.

After english class. The rest of your classes go by easily. You don't have to do much in the classes since your new and by the time lunch rolls around you end up writing 2 more raps and a new sweet bro and hella Jeff comic.

One thing you enjoy more about this school is that the people give you your space. Back in your old school in Texas people thought it was ok to step inside your personal bubble since they knew you longer than others. But even though they knew you for so long they never knew you were mute. They had only found out you were mute right before you left when your

Teacher tried to force you to tell everyone bye. You just looked at her dead straight in the eyes did the sign for "fuck you" grabbed the red marker nearby and wrote "I AM MUTE" on the board and walked away. You don't know why they were so surprised you'd think it would be obvious.

Anyway. The piece and quiet probably wont last for long once someone thinks they're cool enough to approach you. And seeing that you probably wont do anything about it others will follow.

You don't see John anywhere in the cafeteria at all and you feel a bit disappointed. But not really. Its not like the dude's your friend or anything so theres no point in feeling upset. Lunch ends as quickly as it started and the rest of the day is uneventful. Sweet.