Chapter 11: friends

Your name is John egbert and where are you? The last thing you remember is blacking out in the middle of the hall but you feel like your lying in a bed. Did someone take you to the nurse? You would check and see but you have a splitting headache and everywhere hurts. Especially your right eye. Y-you think dave showed up at the place of the fight. You think...

You couldn't really tell cause of your blurry vision. You remember feeling gross covered in blood and tears but right now you don't feel the crustiness of dried blood anywhere. Hm? What was that?... You hear light footsteps of someone in the room. You just pretend your asleep cause you don't wanna deal with who ever is there. You just woke up from a beating and you wanna rest gog dammit...

You feel someones lips brush against your forehead. They felt warm and gentle. Like they didn't want to hurt you. You start to wonder if your dad is here. Cause he's the one who would always do that to you if you got hurt. But they were different from your dad's kiss. This persons lips were smaller and smoother. So they couldn't have been your dad's...weird. But who else would kiss your forehead like that?... You open your eyes and Dave is sitting in a chair in front if you. His shades are off and he's staring at them. You try to get a look at his eyes but his bangs are covering them from sight.

He slides back on his shades and he looks up. When he looks up he stands up and walks over to the side of your bed. You look at his hands and he signs.

'You ok dude? You got it pretty bad earlier'

"Y-yeah"

You croak out.

"Nothings broken...i think...just bruises probably"

'Yeah slick will probably have a weld on the side of his head tomorrow.'

"Wait what?"

'I kicked the shit outta him.'

Your jaw drops and you sit up in to bed your lying in. Ignoring the pain.

"Why?..."

==========================

Your name is Dave Strider and yes you did kiss his forehead...but its not your fault. Your mother instincts kicked in. Plus John's asleep anyway so it couldn't be that bad. But that was beside the point. Cause now John is awake and your talking to him.

"Why?.."

John's eyes are huge and almost twinkling. Like you just bought him the world. The word was spoken with equal amount curiosity and wonder. And you tip your head back in your ugly silent laughter. Wow. That was so dorky it was adorable. You walk over to the fridge they keep in the nurses office and bring him an ice pack. Tapping your right eye. He takes it confusedly and places it over his black eye then murmurs.

"Not answering my question Dave"

You huff in amusement and sign

'I wanna be your friend.'

Wow that was straight forward. And the look John is giving you is the picture representation of Surprise. John's eyes widened. And staring at you. You start to feel uncomfortable from his gaze and shrug.

"W-why me, i mean everyone loves you"

Well. If your gonna be straight forward might as well tell him the truth. Damn, if your bro was here he'd be shaking his head in the lack of irony.

' Your a lot more fun to be around than those idiots...'

He smiles slightly and you swear you could have felt your heart skip... No. Your a strider. Striders don't have emotions... That didn't happen.

"I-is my dad here?"

'The nurse called him and he said he's on his way.'

"Oh"

You stare at him for a while. Worry builds up in your gut. You hate seeing his eye black as it is and the lil bit of gauze on his split lip. You don't like seeing him in pain. You don't like knowing you could have prevented it if you were there...

"Dave, calm down. Its ok. Im ok."

You looked up at him pokerface strained.

"Your guilt is seeping through your mask"

You stick out your tongue at him and sign.

'Not my fault I care about you'

John jumps and hides his face in the covers. He's just like a fucking bunny oh my gog...

"Y-you care about me?.."

'Yeah dude, you've helped a 'good friend' of mine through a lot... plus your not insufferable.'

He smiles honestly and brings his face above the sheets.

"Which friend?"

'Well you know him as TurntechGodhead...'

You lie easily. You still want him to figure you out himself. You'd rather not lose the fun.

"TG? Ya know him"

Boy, do you know him...

'Yep, knew him from back in Texas'

"Your texan?"

'You don't remember my Bro's accent?'

"Oh yeah! Cool! Texas accents are really cool."

'Yeah, I guess so...'

You look at him and he looks so natural talking to you. Like there is no problems in the world. Like he had never been beaten up a while ago. And you like that about him. He is so expressive and can read him just by looking at him. He's also very animated while talking. His hands move and make a bunch of gestures that make the conversation so much better. After a while of talking you sit on the bed with John, getting comfy. You smirk at his stupid jokes and comment at other things. You think for a moment then tap John's shoulder for his attention. He look over at you and you bring up your hands.

'John.'

"Y-yeah"

'Can I be your friend?'

Your hand is shaking and your not sure why at all...

"Dave."

You look up at him and he leans forward and wraps his arms around your shoulders pulling you into a tight hug.

" I should be asking that..."