Chapter 15: A friendly visit...

The next day was unproductive. Dave left about noonish and since he left you couldn't stop thinking about him. Dave is physical and selective muteness. You never thought something like that was possible from a person. Being physical mute means he must have had a physical problem with his vocal cords. But being selective muteness means he must have endeared a traumatizing experience resulting in him hiding away his vocals.

No matter how hard you think, you cant ever imagine Dave endearing something that bad, and whenever you start thinking about possible scenarios your stomach starts feeling gross and it tosses in turns violently. Your starting to wonder if your becoming sick.

Your mind starts to drift and you remember from last night. How he clung onto you. How his arms distributed his heat all around you. How just the beating of his heart and the closeness of him scared away all your nightmares. Dave is like a dreamcatcher. Just having him near you make you feel safe and Dave has definitely proven himself worthy at defending. Dave is tall. However his other parts don't look lanky or over proportionate. He's incredibly handsome, Striders have good genes you note to yourself. Your also conscience of the group of girls that stalk him from across the lunchroom. It really doesn't faze you how Dave is popular. He seems to carry himself that way. You couldn't every carry yourself that way. You face starts to heat up. Why are you thinking about Dave so much. He wasn't your first irl friend. Karkat was... Although Dave's been there since you were four. So you have your reasons. You miss Dave. He was only over for a day and he barely told you anything!

You wan't to know what happened with him. You want to be around him more. You want to sleep near him more...you know. Cause he keeps you safe...

Your phone dings and you pick it up.

Dave: sup man

You unlock your phone and start typing out a message.

John: nm, just sitting around being bored :P

Dave: yeah man, me too im just sittin up in my room. I aint got no inspiration at the moment.

John: inspiration for what?

Dave: stuff.

John: thank you that information is so useful to me. I now understand everything, god bless you and have a nice day.

Dave: ah shit sorry man, bro's callin me for a strife. Brb

John: kay!

You put down your phone and get up. If your not gonna do anything better make yourself useful. You walk over to your backpack and pull out the new book you got from the library.

"The Faults in our stars"

Its apparently a chick book but it was apparently good enough to win a bunch of rewards, so you said fuck it and checked it out anyway. Dave called you a girl for it and you punched his shoulder lightly. He then responded with

"Punch like one too"

After your small memory you lay back on your bed and crack open the new story.

=========================

Your name is Dave Strider and what the fuck did you do this time?... Bro call you outside to strife and he seemed pretty upset. His form was a little messy but his strength and speed had increased and you almost landed a strike twice. Obviously something is pissing him off. Your almost sure you don't want to know. Last time he was like this he locked himself in the basement for like a month, and he never tells you what happens so your ALWAYS left in the dark. However after your strife he told you to get in his piece of shit truck. You of course oblige and jump into the passenger seat.