Chapter 24: Bitter cold, warm hearts

Your name is John Egbert, and currently your sitting with Jade on the bus. She has taken Dave's spot on the bus. Well at least until he gets better. You were in down spirits today from seeing dave in the hospital and Jade scooched right on over and sat in Dave's spot. At first you were a little offended. That was Dave's spot not Jades butt-matt. And you felt a little angry even, but that anger soon melted as soon as you realized what she was doing. And then you felt gilt for being angry at her. This whole day has been a rather emotional day for you and your feeling like a roller coaster. After all your boyfriend/ best friend in the whole fucking world is trapped in the hospital recovering from two stab wounds and wont be able to leave for another two weeks later. You sigh. Dumb Dave and his need to be badass.

"You okay John?..." Jade finally speaks up.

"Peachy Keen..." you slowly responded sarcasm dripped from each word.

"Come on grumpy pants! At least he isn't dead! I'd could be a lot worse"

"Well this makes a pretty fucking interesting coming out story...fuckin..."

Jade huffs angrily. And punches you in the arm. You groan and grab your arm eyes wide you turn your head to her.

"Oooww! The hell was that for-"

"You need to be better mister! Dave's not gonna heal if you sit there and mope! Plus I'm sure he wouldn't be very happy with your attitude!"

You roll your eyes.

"Dave cant discipline if he isn't here..."

Jades face stops as she starts to realize what going on.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh" her face became smug.

"Awwwe lil egbert misses his boyyyfriend~" she said teasingly poking your side.

You groan and cover you face muttering out a good "fuck you"

She leans back. "No, I'm serious thats adorable and your a total sap/nerd so it works on you."

"Great" then you drop your head back down on the seat.

Shortly after. The bus rolls up to school and you feel Jade pat your back sweetly before getting off. You grab your backpack and follow, jumping out of the bus. You get several sympathetic stares as you sigh and walk into the building. Thumping up to your first class you sit down and pull out your homework. A couple people walk up to you and ask about dave. Giving their condoles and moving on. The day moved on agonylosly slow and when it felt like a week had passed it was more of a couple periods. As the bell rung letting the kids pour out chaotically for lunch you started walking to your friends table when you felt someone pull you into an empty hallway. They covered your eyes and mouth with your hand. Leaning down the person breathes into you ear. Your eyes widen and you can feel your heart beat faster.

"Don't scream..."

Yo nod figuring that either way you'll get a good look at the person and you can report them. The remove the hand covering your mouth and open your backpack, you hear rummaging. And them zip it back up and run. You open your eyes franticly looking for the person. But they were lost in the flood of people. You sigh and lean against the wall feeling incredibly sad. Sniffing you check your bag checking if he stole anything of importance.

Your hand bumps into something new as you pull it out you see its a folded paper. You pull it out and look at the folded flap.

'Zoosmell Pooplord"

Dare you to say that to my face, smartass

Opening up the letter you see a large letter with a crudely drawn picture below. The letter mostly consisted of a bunch of pointless bull shit and you and Dave's relationship being referred to as 'fucking hot yaoiz' and how it is their 'otp' which makes no fucking sense to you. You roll your eyes to the max and crumple up the paper throwing it up to the corner, and lean against the hall until the bell. You feel your phone buzz and you take it out as you stand up for your next class.