Chapter 12: preperation

Your name is Dave Strider and its been almost a week since to bulling incident. John's wounds are getting better everyday his black eye has almost completely disappeared and his split lip is now just a lighter patch of skin on his lip. He got a new pair of glasses since his last pair shattered and these look better on him. They are almost like hipster glasses except a little smaller and makes his blue eyes even bigger. After you knocked out slick, the crew stopped messing with John. All but a few still glare at him, but nothing happens if your close to him. Which is always. You and John had become friends and you get to sit with karkat and him and enjoy life for once. However Karkles does not know asl. So you bought a journal to talk to him.

Now like any kid who steps beyond the boundaries into violent territory you were gonna get suspended for your actions but after your Bro, John, and even John's dad vouched for you and you promised not to give him a concussion next time he let you off the hook. And you think you got on the good side of johns dad for beating the shit outta the kid that beat up his son, so thats a plus. Your bro hit you in the back of your head for dragging him down here to bail you out, and John giggled at that. You only got away with the incident with a weeks worth of after school detention which isn't that bad. Your used to it...

Ever since you and John started hanging out John had seemed to get more popular. If it was good popular or bad popular you don't know, but people tend to talk to him more and being the friendly soul he is, he seems to have gathered a fangirl group, charmed by his derpy cute nature. You swear sometimes you think that his fangirl group and yours bunch up to stalk you two together. Weird.

There is a Dance coming up at school. Its getting close to halloween and everybody thought i'd be great if they had a spooky masquerade halloween dance. Now you weren't planing on going until you accidentally left the permission-slip to it sitting on the table in your kitchen.

One minute your up getting some gog damn apple juice and the next your shit is gone. You found it next sitting on your desk signed and money for admission ticket with a note that says

"Your going..."

Asshole.

Now thats where you find your brother standing int he doorway to your room a day later trying to bring you somewhere.

"Hey lil man."

'What do you want?'

"We are gonna go out."

'Out where?'

"Out there..."

He points out the window.

'No shit, why?'

"Cause we are, be ready in five"

And like that he walks out of your room. You look down at your pj's and internally groan. Its Tuesday and you just got back from school why cant you just be comfortable?... After changing back into your school clothes you walk out into the hall and look at your bro.

'Let's get this over with'

You and your bro both load up into your bros crappy chevy and start driving. You open the app on your phone that speaks whatever you type and type.

"Where we goin?"

The voice is extremely annoying and you hate using it but it makes it safer to talk to Bro while he's driving.

"We're gonna go get you a suit."

"Why would i want a gog damn suit. I ain't goin to a movie premier"

"You'll see lil man..."

You and your bro continue driving for another 10 minutes until he pulls into the driveway of somebody's house. You turn to bro and sign.