Chapter 26: presents and hot coco

You wake up and immediately feel the cold as it slowly seeps into your bed. You look over at the clock and notice the time. 7:00 am.

"Muthefuqin yussssss" you hiss.

You and silently crawl to your desk grabbing your sword, picking it up with no noise. Silently walking over all of the parts of the floor where they squeak when you walk on them. And move down the stairs and into the living room. Your brothers asleep on the couch hat tipped down into his eyes and he's snoring slightly. You
Smirk and walk the rest of the way... Preparing to jump you feel your back touch something and you wildly turn around and point your sword at the mans face. Hatless he has his sword pointed at you.

He jump backs and has his sword prepared to fight. You expected this. Prepared for every christmas morning. Strider Tradition. The fight to the first snowflake. Or. Um what you called it.

There wasn't really snow in Texas so it was more of. Fight for the first hot coco. Practically you and your bro wake up at about the asscrack of dawn to have a serious fight for the first cup of hot chocolate.

And not even that instant bullshit, this is handmade hot chocolate made by the loser. The chocolate crafting set has expanded over the years. Pepermint marshmallows, chocolate from Portugal, sweet milk, peppermint sticks. This was a fight worth winning.

You both are pretty shit at cooking anything. But are expert coco masters. God would crawl down on his knees just for a sip of your god damn hot chocolate. There is just no better.

You smirk and get into a better position. You make the first move like the rookie you always are and he doges out of the way. Spinning almost completely behind you as he trips you. You go falling forward but you land on your hands and do a jump sumersault to your feet. Back into a defensive position you feel a wooden puppet fall onto your shoulders. You screech and fling the creepy ass thing to the ground. You bring your attention to the front of you and your bro had disappeared. You pivot to find the elusive bastard. He jumps from somewhere above and swings his sword. You bring yours up and block his blade. As he starts to land you trip his feet. You quickly see a look of panic in his eyes and as it switches to a smirk. He falls undramatically to the ground with a thunk and you smile pointing your sword at his throat.

"I guess I Win! " you brag.

"Hm, i guess so unlesss..."

From the corner of your eye you see his sword come up and catch into the blade of your sword as it flys away. He grabs onto your ankle and pulls, you go tumbling down. Climbing on top of you he starts attacking your sides.

Your laughter bursts from your chest and bubbles out.

"Br-bro! Hahah! STAP... Haha!!!"

You stick your hand your and push his face away knocking his glasses askew. He moves a hand up to your neck and presses a bunch of pressure points. You screech again. And yours fall from your face as you jerk your head down. Bro is grinning and continues his pursues of uncomforted. You feel pain in your stomach and cheeks from laughing so much. You hear a noise from the other room and a door open.

"Alrighty! Striders we have come to drag you out of your respective dens and bring you to to the celebration"

You hear jake announce from the front door. As jade and him walk into the living room they falter and stare at you both. You and bro rummage around grabbing your shades and standing upright.

"Alright..."
You say in unison.

"What was-"

"Strider tradition...."

"Um alright. Chaps. Care to explain."

" Fight to the first hot chocolate?..."
You admit.

He looks even more confused and you sigh.