Chapter: 18 sleepy story

Your name is Dave Strider and you never thought it really bothered John that you hid yourself away from him. Yeah you can kind of understand why that would make you upset but. Technically you don't know everything about him but you don't pry for all the times he's been bullied or all the thing he doesn't want to talk about. Then again I guess It does bother you when you think about it.

Seriously though, there is no reason to get angry. He's just concerned for you and you think... Your grateful. Originally the only person who cared about you was Dirk so having someone who really is there when you need it. Even if it may surpass the personal boundaries...You think.

You want to be the strong one though. You don't want John to have to deal with all the things you have had to go through. You like his optimism and his happiness. It makes you feel so much better, and completely forget all of your troubles. In fact you have thought you could actually talk when you were around him. That resulted in some awkward open mouthed gawking...oops.

After yours and John's 'no homo' hug session His dad called you both down for dinner so you and John set the table and Mr. Egbert cleaned up afterwards. He shooed you both upstairs to actually finish your homework and after getting back upstairs you and John decided to follow his father command and get some work done. Well more like John while you fucked around on his tumbler. And in that you've learned that John has his own blog where he talks about his shit movies and ghosts. Also where he posts videos of his different pranks. He's real popular on there he has like 100,000+ followers jeez. You guess a lot of people like using him pranking ideas and his cheesy jokes.

"Dave, what exactly are you doing on my tumbler?"

'Confirming how much of a loser you are.'

"HAHAHAHA no seriously dude. Do your homework your not gonna get good grades if you slack."

'Who are you my brother?'

"yes, I'm your best bro..."

You sigh.

'Dude. I don't need to do my homework to have good grades. It only adds up to like 10% of our grade.'

"That's still 10% away from 100%"

'Smartass'

"My ass has a damn phd."

'Doctor ass'

"Fuck yeah"

You and John burst out in laughter. Your guy's conversations can derail like a steam train full of passengers and is as random as it is tragic.

"Ok man. Homework, we're doing this. We're making this happen."

'fine.'

John managed to siren call you to do your homework and get shit done from your own webcomic reference. Dammit, why are you so immune to your own web comic. When you and John actually finished your homework it was about 9:00 and you both packed up to get to sleep. John yawns laying down on his bed and looking over at you.

'Dude, How are you even tired its only 9:10'

"Well you see David, it's all very scientific and complicated"

"Shut up."

"Shut up is why..."

'Oh of course the old bitch "Shut up" I feel bad for your misfortune dude...'

"You should. This is a pretty damn serious issue"

He yawns. His voice falling deeper and deeper into his slumber with each word.

"Well anyway the whole "Shut up" thing is callin... for me... babe..."

'Babe?'

Your heart...did it stop? You can't feel anything. His face flares up in embarrassment.