Chapter 10- starting to feel

((Just to clarify, I know I haven't write some parts about Amanda but I gotta be honest, I don't care about her. And also I said that I don't like to write stories with way too much detail))

((Anyway, back to the chapter))

Conner is sitting inside Hank's car. Hank is outside, sitting on a bench and drinking beer.

Conner got out of the car and decided to talk to Hank.
Hank sees Conner and looked back at the view.

"Nice view, huh? I used to come here a lot before....." Hank didn't finished his sentence.
He opened another can of beer and drink it.

Conner stayed quiet for a moment.
"Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" Conner asked.

Hank scoffed.
"Do all androids ask so many personal questions or is it just you?" Hank said.

Conner sighed.
"Why are you so determined to kill yourself?" He asked.

Hank stayed quiet for a bit.
"Some things, I just can't forget....whatever, I do they're always there. Eating away at me....I don't have the guts to pull the trigger so I.....kill myself a little everyday..that's probably difficult for you to understand, huh Conner? Nothing very rational about it." Hank said then he took a drink of his beer again.

There was silence again until Conner asked another question.

"Before what?" Conner asked.

"Hm?" Hank looked at Conner.

"You said, 'I used to come here a lot before.' Before what?" Conner asked.

Hank was quiet for a bit.
"Before.......before nothing." Hank said.

There was more silence.
Conner walked to the small fence in front of them.
He seemed a bit frustrated.

"We're not making any progress on this investigation. The deviants have nothing in common. They're all different models, produced at different times, different places..." He said.

"Well, there must be some link." Hank said as he sips his beer.

Conner then thought about rA9.
"What they have in common is this obsession with rA9. It's almost like some kind of.....myth. Something they invented that wasn't part of their original program." He said.

"Androids believing in god.....fuck, what's this world coming to?" Hank said.

Conner turned around and looked at Hank.

"You seemed preoccupied, Lieutenant. Is it something to do what happened back at the Eden Club?" He asked.

Hank looked down at the ground for a bit.
"Those two girls.....they just wanted to be together. They really seemed.....in love." Hank said then he drink his beer again.

"You seemed troubled, Lieutenant. I didn't think machines could have such an effect on you." Conner said.

"What about you Conner?" Hank puts his drink down and gets up.

"You look human, you sound human.....but what are you really?" Hank asked.

"I'm whatever you want me to be, Lieutenant. Your partner, your buddy to drink with....or just a machine. Designed to accomplish a task." Conner said.

"You could've shot those two girls, but you didn't. Why didn't you shoot, Conner?" Hank said then he pushed him.

Conner was silent.
"Hm? Some scruples suddenly enter into your program?" Hank asked.

"No...I just decided not to shoot. That's all...." Conner said.

Then suddenly, Hank took out a gun and aimed it at Conner's head.

"I could kill you. And you would just come back as if nothing happened. But are you afraid to die, Conner?" Hank asked.

Conner stayed silent for a moment.
"I would certainly find it regrettable to be....interrupted.... before I can finish this investigation." He said.

"What about Stone?" Hank asked.

Conner's eyes almost widened when he said her name.
"What about her?" Conner asked.

"You find out that she's a deviant. You could've shot her down but you didn't? Why didn't you?" Hank said.

Conner then remembered her expression again. That fear look on her face wouldn't leave his mind.

"I saw the fear look in her eyes. She was so scared and I.....I didn't do anything...." Conner said.
"But that fear look, it wouldn't leave my mind....."

Hank then put his gun away and walked away from Conner.

"Where are you going?" Conner asked Hank.

"Getting drunker. I need to think." Hank said as he grabs another bottle of beer and opened it

What has crossed Hank's mind?.....