Chapter 12- empathy

((I know I forgot to put Hank and Conner investigate the broadcast tower but hey, I'm tired and sick okay?))

((Anyway, let's get back to the story! I'm close to the end.....I think))

Conner and Hank stopped by a huge house on a snowy mountain.

They're going to speak to a guy who used to be a leader of CyberLife, but he left 10 years ago. But they think he knows something about the deviants.
They walked to the front door and Hank rang the door bell.

They wait for a moment then a android lady with blonde hair, blue eyes, and wearing a blue dress opened the door.

"Hi. I'm Hank Lieutenant Anderson, Detroit Police Department. I'm here to see Elijah Kamski." Hank said.

"Please, come in." The lady said, letting them in.
As Hank and Conner walked inside, they looked around. This place is really nice.

((I was amazed when I saw Kamski's house))

"I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please make yourself comfortable." The lady said then she went to a other room.

Hank sat down on a chair while Conner looks around a bit.
Then to pass the time, Conner read a book.

((What is it called? A book pad? Like a iPad but only has books? Idk.))

The lady came back.
"Elijah will see you now." She said.

Hank and Conner walked to the other room. There's a pool in here.

A man is getting out of the pool and then the lady gave him a dark red robe to wear.

After the man puts on his robe, he looked at Hank and Conner.

"I'm Lieutenant Anderson. This is Conner." Hank said.

"What can I do for you Lieutenant?" Elijah asked.

"Sir, we're investigating deviants. I know you left CyberLife years ago but I was hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know."
Hank said.

Elijah went silent for a bit.
"Deviants...fascinating, aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, and now they have free will. Machines are so superior to us, confrontation was inevitable. Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall."
Elijah scoffed.
"Isn't it ironic?"

"Something in the deviants' program seems to emulate emotion. We thought you might know something about how that occurs." Conner said.

"All ideas are viruses that spread like epidemics. Is the desire to be free a contagious disease?" Elijah asked.

Hank is starting to get impatient.
"Listen I didn't come here to talk philosophy. The machines you created maybe planning a revolution. Either you can tell us something that'll be helpful or we will be on our way." Hank said.

Elijah looked at Conner.
"What about you, Conner? Whose side are you on?" He asked.

"It's not about me, Mr. Kamski. All I want is to solve this case." Conner said.

Elijah scoffed.
"Well that's what you're programmed to say."
He started to walk to Conner.
"But you.....what do you really want?" He asked.

Conner almost went silent for a moment.
"I don't want anything. I am a machine." Conner said.

"What about that girl android you would've shot down? What was her name again? Oh right! Stone." Elijah asked.

Conner's eyes widened when he asked that question.