Chapter 16- escape

Conner walked up to the room where Markus is, holding a gun in his hands.

He walked in and pointed the gun at Markus.

"I've been ordered to take you alive, but I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice." Conner threatened.

Markus starts to reason with him.
"What are you doing? You are one of us....you can't betray your own people." He said.

"You're coming with me!" Conner instructed.

Then Markus started to convince him.
"You're nothing to them. You're just a tool they use to do their dirty work. But you're more than that. We are more than that." He said

"Our cause is righteous, and we are more than what they say. All we want is to live in freedom." He continued.

Conner says nothing now.

"Do you never have any doubts? You've never done something irrational, as if there's something inside you? Something more than your program." Markus said.

"Have you never wondered who you really are? Whether you're just a machine executing a program or....a living being? Capable of reason. I think the time has come for you to ask yourself that question.
It's time to decide." Markus said.

Stop Markus

Stop Markus

Stop Markus......

No...

Conner can see his program walls.
He broke through the walls, one by one.

After he shattered them, he's now a deviant.
Conner became a deviant.

Conner lowered his gun and looked at Markus.

"They're going to attack Jericho." Conner said.

"What?!" Markus said then they started to hear helicopters from above.

"We need to get outta here!" Conner said.

"Shit..." Markus cursed then they both ran out the room and head downstairs.

The FBI soldiers are everywhere.
They're killing androids like animals.

Markus and Conner ran to North.

"They're coming from all sides! Our people are trapped in the hold, they're gonna be slaughtered!" North said to them.

Markus send a message to the androids.
"There are exits on the second and third floor. Find them and jump in the river!" He said.

"Where's Josh?" Markus asked North.

"I don't know, we got separated." North said.

Markus can hear the helicopters again.

"They're coming from the upper deck now too. We'll be caught in the crossfire!" He said.

"We have to run, Markus. There's nothing we can do!" North said.

There's is one thing that Markus can do, but it's gonna be risky.

"We have to blow up Jericho. If the ship goes down, they'll evacuate and out people can escape!" Markus said.

"You'll never make it! The explosives are all the way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere!" North said.

Conner looked at Markus.

"She's right. They know know who you are. They'll do anything to get you!" Conner said.

"Go and help the others. I'll join you later." Markus said.

"Markus-"

"I won't be long." Markus cut off North then he ran to get to the explosives.

Markus runs down the stairs and when he reached a different room, he spotted Lucy. She is hurt.

Markus helped her sit down.

"This is the end of Jericho....save our people, Markus..." Lucy said her finally words before she shut down.

Markus will keep her promise.
He continued to run.

He ran past the androids and then suddenly the floor beneath him broke and he fell.

He landed on the ground, hard. There are soldiers there.

Good thing they didn't see him when they are searching around the area.

He carefully sneaked away from the soldiers and even fight some soldiers who are about to shoot some deviants.
He saved more deviants along the way.

Then when he head further down, he spotted Josh fighting a soldier.

Markus helped him fight that soldier and knocked that soldier out.
Josh thanked him and then Markus told Josh to go find North and that he'll meet them there.

After Josh leaves, Markus continued on to find the explosives.

When he went further down again, he finally found the explosives.

But before he activate it, some soldiers burst into the room and holding their guns out.

Markus fight those soldiers.
He knocked them out and he shoot down the last soldier.

After Markus deal with them, he set on the explosives and started to run away quickly.

North, Josh, and Conner are running. North turned around she smiled in relief when she sees Markus.

"Markus!" She said.

"Jericho is gonna explode in any minute now, we have to get outta here!" Markus said.

They all started to run when North got shot on her leg. She yelped in pain and she fell.

Markus quickly turned around and grabbed a large piece of metal, to dodge the bullets.

Then Markus fought one of the soldiers and helped North get up.

Conner took out his gun and started to shoot the soldiers. He used the metal piece to block the bullets and then he shot another solider down.

He was about to shoot the last one when the solider was shot from behind.

Stone stood there with a gun in her hand.
Her eyes widened when she sees Conner, same with Conner when he sees Stone.

"Conner?!" Stone said

"Stone?!" Conner said.

They got no time for this.
"We need to get outta here! Jericho is gonna blow up any second!" Conner said to Stone.

They both ran to the edge of the boat and jumped into the river.

As soon as they landed in the water, Jericho exploded.

A soldier ran up to Perkins.
"They detonated an explosive in the hold. The ship is sinking, sir." He said.

"Order the men to evacuate." Perkins said.

When the soldiers is telling the men to evacuate, Perkins stared at the river.

"This isn't over Markus."