Chapter 13- Freedom March

"This is suicide." North said as North, Markus, Josh, and Stone are in the mall.

They have another message for the humans but this is gonna be risky.

"We'll be killed! Please Markus....it's not too late to change your mind." North said to Markus.

"You don't understand...we're finally gonna show them who we really are. This place will go down in history!" Josh said to North.

"We'll be killed on the spot!" North said.

"That's a risk I'm preparing to take if it means freedom for our people." Josh said.

North looked at Markus.
"Markus....please don't do this." She said to him.

"They'll understand...We'll make them understand. This is the only way." Markus said.

North looked at Stone.
"Stone?" She asked.

Stone looked at the ground for a moment before she sighed.

"They will understand us, North. We just need to try." Stone said.

North shook her head and sighed.

"There are androids here who could join us...The more we are, the stronger our message." Josh said to Markus and then Markus walked to one of the androids.

He's hand turned white and he grabbed an android by the shoulder.

"You're free." He said to the android.
The android stopped what it was doing and followed Markus, Stone, Josh and North.

Markus freed every android in the mall. Now he and the others went to the street.

Markus freed more and more androids.
When he freed one of the androids working on the road, he told them that he needs the road to be blocked.

They did what he said.
Then when they blocked the road, Markus continued to free more androids.
More androids were freed and now following Markus.

Then the androids began to chant.

"WE ARE ALIVE!"

"WE ARE PEOPLE!"

"FREEDOM!"

"END SLAVERY!"

"EQUAL RIGHTS!"

Every android chanted.

Then suddenly the FBI shows up.
The FBI quickly got out of the vehicles and got their shields and guns out.

"We came here to demonstrate peacefully and tell humans that we are living beings. All we want is to live free." Markus said.

"This is an illegal gathering. Disperse immediately or we will open fire." An FBI solider said.

"We're not looking for confrontation. We've done no harm, we have no intention of doing any. But know that we are not going anywhere until we have secured our freedom." Markus said.

"I repeat: this is an illegal gathering. If you do not disperse immediately, we will shoot!" The FBI solider said again.

"Markus, they're gonna kill us...we have to attack! There's more of us, we can take them!" North said to Markus.

"If we attack, we'll start a war. We have to show them we're not violent. We should stay our ground, even if it means dying here." Josh said.

The FBI soldiers prepared their weapons.
"This is your last chance! Disperse immediately or you will all be killed!" One of the FBI soldiers threatened again.

"We have to show them we won't back down. We stay right here." Markus said.
The androids stayed put.

But then the FBI agents began to shoot some androids down.

"DISPERSE! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!" The FBI yelled.

"We have to make a statement. We have to stay put, no matter what." Josh said.

"Please Markus. We can't let them slaughter us without fighting back!" North said.

Stone feels uneasy about what choice Markus will make.
Markus chose to stay put again.

"We're not moving." Markus said.

The FBI shoot some androids down again.

"Markus! What are you doing? They're gonna kill us all!" North said.

Markus started to walk forward slowly.

"Markus?! What are you doing?!" Stone asked.

The FBI shot Markus at his chest.
Markus fell to the ground.

The FBI soldiers were about to kill Markus but then John sacrificed himself to save him.

"MARKUS!" Stone yelled then she and Josh helped up and get out of here.

But Markus watched John get brutally hurt and shot down.

They made it out alive.