7

" WHAT THE FUCK " he says , his face burning red from anger .

I try to walk out of the room but He grabs my arm and throw me against the wall . Pain flash through my shaking body , My heart beating wildly against my chest .

He lift his arm and I could see his hand curling up into a fist .

" please stop " I beg him before I scream as his fist comes crushing onto my shoulder sending waves of pain through my whole arm .

I close my eyes as I feel his hand close tightly around my throat .

" NOOO " I scream as I flash my eyes wide open . I put my hand around my throat and tears start running down my cheeks .

It was a nightmare .

Again .

It's been quite awhile since I haven't had one of those nightmares . I guess what happened tonight at the party with Blake brought the memories back .

Tears start rolling down my face uncontrollably as I hear a voice coming from the door but all I can hear is my heart beating wildly against my chest .

~SHAWN'S POV ~

I hear a scream from Maya's room . I get up of the bed insanely and run towards Maya's room . I open the door and I feel a pain in my chest as I see Maya sitting in her bed drowning with tears .

" Maya " I whisper as I run towards her . I sit next to her on the bed and open my arms to hug her but as soon as my arms touch her she jerks away from me and push me away from her making me fall on the ground .

" don't touch me " she whispers , her eyes still close .

" Maya it's me Shawn . I-I won't hurt you "

" get out . I-I need to be alone " she says her voice breaking . She puts her hands over her face wiping her tears .

" no I'm not going , you're not fine . Tell me what's wrong ! I-I w- "

" GET OUT " she yells this time , tears still rolling down her checks " get out " she throw a pillow at me .

I stare at her for a few seconds before I walk out of her room closing the door behind me .

It breaks my heart to see her like this and not being able to hug her and comfort her .

***

It's finally the morning , I couldn't sleep all night . I'll call Aaliyah , she probably knows what's going on with Maya .

I take my phone , go through my contacts and call her .

" hey Shawn , why are you calling this early in the morning ? Where are you ? "

" hey I'm at Maya's house , she- "

" why are you there ? Is there something going on between you too ? "

" no , she was at a party and called you cause she needed a ride home , but you didn't answer so she called me but it doesn't matter right now , does she normally have breakdowns ? "

" what did she do ? And say ? "

" uhm she was crying but when I entred her room she yelled at me saying " don't touch me " and " get out " " I tell her scratching the back of my neck nervously .

" so it happened to her ... again " Aaliyah says in a low voice as if she was talking to herself " look stay w- "

" what do you mean by again ? " I say cutting her off .

" uh ? Nothing . Just stay with her till I come . bye " she says hanging up the phone .

I don't know if Maya is still crying or not but I hope she is fine now . I haven't entered her room since last night when she kicked me out of it .

After a few seconds I hear a knock on the door , I go and open it .

" hey Shawn " Aaliyah says and I could see worry in her eyes . She was holding two bags in her hand . " you can go now . She's fine , I know how to handle it "

" okay I'm going " I say not wanting Aaliyah to take the fact that I wanna stay here next to Maya , in the wrong way .

Aaliyah goes upstairs as I walk out of the house and toward my car .

~MAYA'S POV ~

I couldn't sleep all night , the pictures from my dream hunting me .

I thought I got over it , over him .

I hear a knock on the door .

" Maya it's me Aaliyah , open the door please " she says . I don't move , not wanting to talk to anyone . I'm just too tired and depressed .

" I brought movies " she says knocking on the door again . I didn't bother to answer.

" and food "

I get up from the bed , and walk towards the door . I unlock it staring at the floor not wanting her to see my puffy red eyes .

" oh maya " she says dropping the food on the floor and then she hugs me " it's fine sweetie , he's in jail now . He can't hurt you anymore "

I hug her back as a tear rolls down my cheek .

We pull away from the hug and she wipes my tear smiling at me " hey don't cry " she says as we sit on my bed " let's forget about him and watch a movie and eat food "

______________________________________

Please don't forget to vote ❤:)