13

" aw i can't believe you're turning eighteen today" i say through the phone pretending to wipe an imaginary tear even though she can't see me.

Aaliyah is turning 18 today. I turned eighteen 3 months ago. Even if she wasn't 18 yet she would always say that she was.

She's throwing a birthday party tonight but she just invited Jack , Emma, Steven, Jane and me. It's our usual group of friends.

Suddenly my room's door opens revealing my parents.

" maya" they say both in unison.

" I have to go bye" I say to Aaliyah before hanging up the phone.

" I... I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING I SWEAR"

they came and sat next to me on my bed. And then they hugged me.

Okay this is random.

" uhm are you guys alright?" I say hugging them back.

" are you?" my dad asks me.

" oh sweetie we know about Jordan. He's now free. So from now on you can't go out without one of us and you won't stay alone at home"

See that's why I didn't tell them even though I knew they'd know sooner or later.

" but-"

" we were thinking of hiring someone who'd stay with you when we wouldn't be around"

My jaw dropped and my eyes widen in shock.

Are they serious??!!

" I'm fucking EIGHTEEN. I can take care of myself. I don't need a fucking babysitter" I yell at them

" watch your mouth young lady" my dad says getting up.

" but-"

" sweetie it's for you safety"

" but mom Aaliyah is having a birthday party tonight at her house and i already said that I'll be there "

" will her parents be there?"

" yeah" I say crossing my fingers hoping they'll let me go. Her parents won't be here but whatever " and her brother will be there too"

" Shawn right? How is he? He is back to town?" dad asks

" yes, he's fine and yes"

They look at each other for some seconds before my mom speaks again " okay you can go. But you'll be home by ten"

" but I'm having a sleep over at her house"

" fine" my mom says tired of arguing.

They both got up from my bed and left the room leaving the door open.

Ugh i hate when they do that.

I get up, close the door and start getting ready for Aaliyah's party.

I wear a simple black dress that reach my thighs. I match it with some black high heels. I put my phone in my red purch.

I go downstairs, I walk out of the house and toward my car. I put my purse on the passenger seat and put my seatbelt on. And then i start driving.

***

" hey bae" Aaliyah says hugging me as soon as I get in the house. I give her her gift.

" hey girl" Steven says. He is wearing a blue shirt with black jeans and black boots. He has brown hair and blue eyes. We know each other since almost one year now. He's one of my close friends.

" hi" I say as he pulls me into a hug. I hug him back.

" you can let her go now" Emma says laughing. Steven let me go.

" hi Emma" she is wearing a black off the shoulder top and a white short with some black high heels.

" hey"

I go to Aaliyah as she was standing in front of the mirror checking her make up.

" is Shawn gonna be here?" I ask her and I could see in the mirror that my cheek are turning red.

" uhm no he won't " she says a little disappointed and sad " he has some work in the studio he's working on new music. I don't understand why he is working at night. I haven't seen him in so long and he couldn't even take a day off to celebrate my birthday with me " she says rolling her eyes and then she looks at me " wait you're blushing! Omg you have a crush on him, don't you?! AW IT'S SO CUTE " she poses a little " wait no EW!! "

We both giggle before joining the others .

" So since everyone is here let's go" Emma says.

" go where?" i ask a little confused.

" oh yeah i forgot to tell you. There's a party at the beach that is not far from here, we are going there. Jack is waiting for us there " Aaliyah informs me.

Oh

" is it okay with you?" she asks.

" yeah yeah, LET'S GO PARTY" I yell.

_______________________________

My sister ship Shawn with Ariana grande

Don't forget to vote before you read the next chapter