10

I remember getting carried in someone's arms, but I was so tired and out of force that I could barely open my eyes. I couldn't see who was carrying me to their car.

The last thing I remember was me laying down in the back seat of a car as my eyes started to shut slowly . I  woke up several days after that event in an hospital. My parents were there looking at me in worries.

Thankfully when  Jordan knocked me out someone was passing by my house and they had heard noses coming from the house. They immediately called the cops, preventing Jordan from hurting me more than he had hurt me. But unfortunately Jordan ran away before the cops could reach the house.

After 2 weeks I was able to quit the hospital and go back home. But my parents wouldn't let me go out alone or stay home alone, for fear that Jordan will return.

I start having panic attacks whenever I would see a picture of him or someone would mention him. I started having nightmares and depression. I would barely sleep at night. Aaliyah stayed with me during this time and helped me so much.

After a month, the cops found Jordan, and he was sent to jail for several years but the thing is that now after only two years of being in prison, he was out and he was walking toward me with a death glare.

" are you even listening to me?" Aaliyah snaps her fingers in front of my face " is there something wrong?"

"uhm no" I say looking at her " I'm going to buy a drink " I  take my sunglasses off of my face " do you want me to buy you something ? "

She shook her head no  as I get up .

I start walking towards the little bar that was on my left and way too far from where Jordan is standing .

I look to where Shawn was  with fans but he's not there anymore .

Suddenly I feel someone grabbing my waist from behind, turning me around and pushing me against a tree.

" you've missed me, haven't you?" he comes closer, our faces where inches apart. I could almost feel his breath on my skin.

I can't help but panic and feel my eyes water.

" let me go" I say almost yelling, jerking away from his grip. His grip loosen up a little but he doesn't let me go.

" are you happy that we can finally be together again? We-"

" how did you get out of jail?"

He puts my hair behind my ear as a smirk forms on his face " oh hunny let's just say that I have my ways "

You've got  to be kidding me

A ball hit his head, he looks around to see who threw it.

I take the change jerking out of his grip. I start to run as fast as I can hopping he won't run after me.

I keep on running until I go out of the beach and reach the parking lot. I slid against a car falling on the floor and  leaning my back against the car. I put my head in between my legs and try to breath. I sniff and wipe a tear that rolled down my cheek with my hand.

Why is he here? Why everything's that is bad is happening to me?

I was so naive thinking that I finally got rid of him. Why can't I have a normal life?

My heart beats erratically out of my chest. I hear my name being called. My head is dizzy and I can't breath.

" oh shit" I hear someone says, I try to get up but I can't. I'm way too exhausted. but I still can see who's that person.

It's Shawn

I feel him standing in front of me and then getting on his knees. And I start shaking more.

" MAYA" Shawn says shaking my shoulders " CALM DOWN ! BREATH!!"

Shawn is in front of me looking panicked and not knowing what to do.

" look at me" Shawn says after a few seconds of just staring at me. I feel him take my hand and intertwining his fingers with my own.

" hey calm down, everything's gonna be okay. Take a deep breath"

" I ... I c-can't breath"

" yes you can. Come on take a deep breath and  let it go"

I look at him, I breath in and then breath out. I repeat it several times till I can breath properly.

" thank you" I say resting my head on his shoulder " how did you know I was here?"

" well I saw you running away from this guy and he was running behind you so I run behind you to see if you were okay. And good thing I did cause you are obviously not okay. Who is he?"

I stay silent for some seconds looking at the floor.

" you know, if you don't want to tell me I totally understand your choice. Just know that I'm here for you "

" Jordan is my ex boyfriend, when we started dating he was already 18 and I was probably 16. And as naive as I was I would believe him whenever he would say " I love you" and nice words. He was so nice but then he started to abuse me... Long story short he was supposed to be in jail but he got out for his good behavior " I say rolling my eyes at the last sentence.

Shawn starts murmuring some things that I could barely hear " motherfucker, I'm going to... "

" no Shawn don't do anything. I know him very well, he'll ruin your reputation " I say looking at him.

" omg Maya are you okay? " a familiar feminine voice says. It's Aaliyah. She come running and hugs me.

" I saw Jordan and then you took so long to come back. I thought something happened to you " she says still hugging me.

" now I'm fine. Shawn found me " I say looking at Shawn and smile at him and He smiles back at me " I just need to go home" I say getting up.

" I'm coming with you" Aaliyah says.

" me too" Shawn says getting up aswell.

" no really guys I'm fine. I just need to rest. I don't want to ruin your day I'll call an Uber or something "

" you're not ruining anything. Come on I'll drive you home" Shawn says taking my hand.

" get in the car, I'll go  get our things and come with Jake " Aaliyah continue.

            ***

We arrive at my house. I get out but before I close the car's door I say " thank you".

" are you sure you are gonna be fine by your own?" Aaliyah asks me.

" yeah don't worry. Thank you guys" I say before closing the door.

I get in the house and walk upstairs toward my room.

As soon as I get in, I lay on my bed and my eyes slowly starting to close.

What am I going to do now that he's back?

    ________________________________

Thoughts about my story?

I might start writing a new story but I won't post it now cause I want to finish this story first.

Sorry for this long chapter

Please don't forget to vote before going to the next chapter  ❤️