11

Today's Monday and it's an awful day because  it's Monday, I have a test in algebra which I stayed up all night to study for it and I'm not sure if I'll pass it. And Jordan is out there somewhere . I haven't saw him since Saturday at the beach and I don't know if he's about to do something.

Today was a sunny day and I felt like walking so I left my car at home and walked to school.

Currently I'm walking toward the classroom, as I study somethings in my algebra's book. I'm really nervous, with Jordan now out of jail and everything, I barely had time to study. I haven't slept all night, whenever I closed my eyes I would see him. I haven't told my parents about Jordan yet , they are gonna be all protective if they know and they won't let me go out anymore or stay alone at home. I don't blame them though, I'm  scared too and anxious.

Suddenly I hit something hard and my book falls on the floor.

" sorry" I say picking up my book.

" you are still studying? Relax you'll have a good grade. You always do" Aaliyah says taking my book from my hand and closing it.

           ***
" are you sure you don't want a ride home?" Aaliyah asks me.

" yes I'm sure. I wanna walk home, the sky is beautiful today and I really feel like walking"

" okay just be careful" Aaliyah hugs me then opens her car's door and gets in before starting it  and then she drives off.

As I walk a hand clamps down over my mouth and a hand wraps around me trapping my arms at my sides and pressing my back tight against a hard chest.

I try screaming but the hand that's over my mouth dies my screaming. I try kicking the person behind me but it's no use. The person grips on me tighter as he drags me backwards with force.

As we get to the back of a building the person  removes his hand from my mouth. His other hand is still wrapped around me, trapping my hands on my sides. After a few seconds he releases me . I don't waist time as I turn around and start running.

Before I could even run, he grabs my wrist and spins me around to face him and I come face to face to Jordan.

He gives me the " don't you dare run away from me" look.

" sweetheart I missed you so much " he says putting my hair behind my ear. I jerk away  from him which makes him more angry . I try to move my hand from his grip but his grip tights on me. " we can finally be together again. Nothing and no one will separate us "

" let me go " I yell trying to yank from his hold only to wince in pain as it gets stronger.

His eyes are dark. He yanks me closer causing my body to tumble into his own.

I stop thinking, I'm so sick of him. I thought I was finally done with him.

" you're sick. A psycho-" he slaps me on the face with all his force making my cheek burns and my lips hurt.

" SHUT UP" he yells.

I look at his hand that is holding mine. I hesitate for some seconds but then bite it.

He yanks his arm releasing me. I take the chance  and start running. I run as fast as I can and I can hear his foot steps. I look around and see Jordan running behind me. I keep on running till I stop hearing footsteps hoping he stopped chasing me.

I turn around and don't find him. I stop running and sit. I close my eyes trying to catch my breath.

A car stop right in front of me.

" Maya? Are you okay? Do you want a ride home?"

I look up to see Shawn. He is sitting in his car and has sunglasses on.

I nod and get in the car. I say a quick hello but don't look at him even once. I'm sure a bruise starts forming on my face and around my wrist and I don't want him to start asking me  questions .

I look out of the window as ' nervous' - one of his own songs - starts playing on the radio.

" I was going to bring Aaliyah from her dance lessons. I'll drive you to your house and then go bring her" Shawn says and I nod still looking out of the window.

The ride is silent . We arrive and I open the door to get out.

" wait" Shawn says taking my hand. I move my hand and cover it with my bag hoping he didn't see the red mark that Jordan's grip caused .

" are you okay? You haven't talked to me or looked at me the whole ride".

" yeah I'm fine" I say a little too quickly and I open to door ready to get out of the car.

" Maya what's wrong?" he says putting his thumb under my chin, lifting it a little and making me look at him.

" y-your face... There's blood on your lips" he whipes the blood that is on my lips with his thumb and then uses a tissue to clean his thumb.

He frowns as he notice the bruises on my cheek and wrist. He holds my wrist gently.

" who did that?"

" no one, it's nothing I just fell while I was running" I say looking at my laps.

" Maya look at me! Who did that to you?" he asks again more firmly.

" it's no-"

" WHO ?" he says clenching his jaw.

I  look at the ground and some of my hair fall over my face. " Jordan"

He releases my wrist and look at the road. I open the door and get out. I walk toward my house's door but before I open the door I glance one more time toward Shawn and he was still looking at the road as if he was lost in his thoughts.

He then shakes his head and drive off. I turn around, open the door and run into my room.

     ______________________________

I'm so excited for the next chapter