Jack Kline x Reader

Your POV

Everyday that passes by in this store feels like its getting more and more boring.

Its not that I don't like my job, quite the opposite in fact, I really do like it. The customers are nice and it pays ok, but coming to the same Gas N' Sip and doing the same job of selling people their groceries does get a bit old after doing it almost daily for two years.

That all seemed to change the day these four weird guys came in, though. Suddenly my world was made a bit more interesting.

It was one of the stores slower days, I'd only had a few customers and they were all young teenagers who only wanted a soda or a bag of chips. But then these three tall guys wandered in and the mood in the store instantly changed.

They were all deep in what seemed like a really intense conversation. Their voices were rapidly going back and fourth between them as they wandered through the isles. Then I realized that there weren't just three guys, but four. The last one was just significantly shorter than the rest of them.

The isles in the store were pretty short, so you could still see the customers faces while they walked around. The group moved to a spot that was just across from the register where I could see them, so I decided to observe. Something about them just caught my attention. Maybe it was their alertness from the moment they walked in, or maybe it was the fact that one of them was probably the tallest person I'd ever seen, but there was just this thing about them that interested me.

My eyes first went to the tallest one. A pretty handsome guy, brown hair that went just past his jaw, slight five o'clock shadow growing on his face, pretty hazel eyes, already established that he was tall, and he was wearing a flannel. I gave him a fitting nickname for now, "Lumberjack". Then I looked to the guy he was talking to. This dude was pretty hot, not gonna lie. Shorter than Lumberjack but only by a few inches, bright green eyes, great jawline, and he was wearing flannel too but it was covered a bit by his leather jacket. From where I was standing I could hear a deep gruff voice coming from him. His nickname would be "Hot Lumberjack". And then I noticed the third guy. Damn, he was really good looking too. Just around Hot Lumberjack's height, dark brown hair, piercing ocean blue eyes, perfect complexion. Interesting wardrobe choice though compared to the rest, white dress shirt with a dark blue suit and a long tan trench coat over it. I dubbed him "Cute Coat Guy".

Then my jaw dropped when I finally got to the fourth in their group. He was the perfect balance between really hot and really adorable. Every feature of him seemed like it belonged in a fairy tale. He had big icy blue eyes, a perfectly framed jaw, lips that seemed straight out of a fan fiction, and a slightly pointed nose that effortlessly matched the rest of his face. He was wearing a plain grey T-shirt with a brown jacket, blue jeans and some black converses, a simple outfit but he made it seem like the sexiest thing a guy could ever wear. And have I mentioned how his hair was in this unbelievably perfect swoop that had his bangs landing over his face in just the right way? I let out a small gasp at just how incredibly attractive he was. I couldn't even give him a fun nickname because I didn't think anything could properly fit.

I must have stared at this guy for a full minute before the group started moving to the register.

I started checking out all of their items and putting them into bags when I heard a voice that I faintly recognized as Hot Lumberjack's.

"Really? Your getting all that?"

I looked up to see that the boy was placing what I counted as six boxes of nougat on the counter.

"I like nougat." I froze when I heard his voice. It was really cute. I don't know why, but it was just really cute.

After freezing up for just a split-second, I caught myself smiling and little bit at just how much I liked the sound of his voice. I wanted to hear more of it so I struck up some small talk while I checked out the rest of their items.

"I used to do the same thing with Milky Way bars when I was little. I'd make my parents buy like ten of them at a time." My smile widened at the memory. The distinct reason I liked them so much was because "Milky Way" sounded like "Mikey Way" and Mikey Way was the bassist of one of my favorite bands, My Chemical Romance. I still sometimes giggle at myself and call them Mikey Way bars.

"Milky Ways aren't as good as nougat though, nothing is." He smiled at me and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Yeah, but you can't just live off of nougat." Lumberjack responded. "We've talked about this, eat other things too."

"Well, technically I don't really need to eat anything to-"

"Shush!" Lumberjack, Hot Lumberjack, and Cute Coat Guy all cut him off in perfect unison.

"live." He finished his sentence anyway.

"Don't need to eat anything to live?" I assumed he was joking around. "Man I wish I was you, sometimes I feel like if I'm not snacking every hour or so I might starve." I giggled.

I frowned just a little bit when I realized I was done checking them out and they could leave now. They grabbed their bags and headed out, the cute boy reached the door last. Then he turned around and waved at me.

"Bye." He said sweetly with the world's most adorable smile, and then he left.

After a few moments, I realized I was all red from blushing and I had the biggest grin on my face.

Oh please don't tell me I was blushing the whole time we were talking. That would really give away that I liked this kid, even though I knew nothing about him other than the fact that he was cute and he liked nougat.

Hey, there's a nickname for him. "Cute Nougat Boy".

-----F O L L O W-----

-----C O M M E N T-----

-----V O T E-----

-----R E Q U E S T-----

-----E N J O Y-----