Castiel x Reader

You were a very religious person. Growing up it was normal to pray at every meal and every night before bed. You firmly believed that god was on your side and would always help you in your time of need. There was never s single doubt in your mind when it came to the divine.

That is until the day you came home to find your entire family slaughtered. You had been on a quick run to the grocery store. Nothing long but you had needed eggs for the dinner you were making. Your husband and little girl were occupied by a show on TV.

When you returned, you walked into the living room to tell them you were back but noticed that both were gone.

"I'm home. Where are you?" You called. Upon receiving no answer you walked into upstairs to see if they were there. The door to your daughter's room was slightly ajar so you slowly nudged it open.

A scream escaped from your throat as you saw the crimson blood that covered almost every surface. Strewn across the floor were your husband and daughter. They were covered in claw marks and their chests were ripped open your mind numbed and you fell helpless to your knees.

~oOo~

After that experience, you began to hate god for not saving your family. You decided to pray one last time. You needed to see if there was any answer as to why this had to happen.

"I've always believed but now I'm not so sure. If you're really out there, why did you let my family die? Why didn't you do anything to stop it?" You waited for any sign but none came. "Why won't you answer me?"

"Don't take it personally. He doesn't talk to anyone these days." You turned, startled at the sudden appearance of a dark haired man wearing a trench coat.

"Who are you? How did you get into my room?"

"I am Castiel, an angel of the lord." You gaped at him, your mouth hanging open. There was a real live angel and he was in your room.

"Have you come to answer my prayers? Have you come to help me find the one responsible?"

"Yes and no." You gave him a puzzled stare. Then the doorbell rang through the silence of your house.

"I should see who that is. Please excuse me."

You walked to the door and opened it to reveal two men. They looked to be in their 30's and wore suits. Both smiled at you and pulled out badges.

"Good evening. We're from the FBI. We were wondering if we could ask you some questions about your family."

You opened the door wide enough to let them in. "Sure. Come in."

You led them to the living room and was startled when Castiel appeared behind you.

"What are you doing here?" The taller man asked.

"You know each other?" You looked between them while they nodded.

"We work together." The other FBI agent said.

"If that's true, then you're not FBI. I know who he is." They looked startled.

"You told them?! Why?"

"Because we need their help. I felt that it would help if they trust and help us."

"If that's the case then we should be honest. My name's Sam. That's my brother Dean. We really do need to hear every detail of what happened, if it's not too much trouble. We want to catch the one responsible as much as you do." You gave Sam a skeptical look.

"And what reason do you have to want to help. You're not feds and I doubt your cops."

"It's kinda what we do." Dean said while he flashed a flirty smile your way. You rolled your eyes before motioning to the couch. Once they sat, you recounted everything you could remember.

~oOo~

After you finished recounting the terrifying experience and showing them the room, they thanked you and left. Castiel literally vanished with only a flutter and a brief gust of wind. Sam and Dean had promised to stay in touch and handed you the number to the motel they were staying at in case you thought of anything else.

After they were long gone, you wandered your house lost in thought. Eventually, you found yourself in your daughter's room. The blood had already been cleaned up but you could still feel the death lingering through the air.

It became too much, all too quickly so you turned your back on the room. You knew what you had to do. The Winchester's and Castiel were your best chance to find who was responsible. You couldn't very well let them do it on their own.

Your mind made up, you grabbed your jacket and hurried out of your house.

~oOo~

It didn't take you long to find the black impala. Your town was small and a car like that stuck out like a sore thumb. It was evident which house they were in.

As you approached the door, you heard a flutter of wings behind you.

"What are you doing here?" Came Castiel's deep voice. You turned to him and immediately noted that he held a look of concern.

"I came to help. I can't simply wait around for you."

"You are of no help in there." He nodded towards the house. "You can however, help in another way. Come with me."

You eagerly nodded and he placed his hand on your forehead. Suddenly, you were standing in another part of town. The jolt left you dizzy and sick.

"Are you feeling well?" You smiled and started to answer before keeling over and puking on the ground next to him. "Don't worry, it will pass."

It took you several minutes to start feeling better. You picked yourself up and wiped your mouth. The light green walls and wooden table were unfamiliar to you and you looked to Castiel for an answer.

"Where did you zap me to? What are we doing here?"

"Currently, you are standing in a house of a man we believe may not be a man at all. We need to find clues as to its whereabouts."

"What do you mean not a man?"

"I mean that it's not human. From the evidence we've collected, I believe we may be after a werewolf." You couldn't help but stare at him in shock.

"Those are real? I believed in angels but now I find out monsters are real too."

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way."

"It's okay. I'll just need some time to process it." You thought about all the things your family had told you weren't real. Now you were questioning every single one. You shook your head, now was not the time to be thinking about these things. "Let's find that monster."

~oOo~

"What do you mean you found nothing?" Dean stormed. You had searched for hours and had found no clues to where it could be. The boy's informant, Bobby had responded to any of their calls either so Sam was busy trying to find everything they could on the beast.

"It means we found nothing. It was too clean and organized." Castiel repeated. He was evidently annoyed by the older brother's question.

"It looked to me that he knew we were coming." You interjected. "That, or he never lived there to begin with."

"That's just great." Dean pushed some papers he'd been going through from the table in frustration before heading for the door of the motel. "If anyone needs me, I'll be outside getting some air."

"Hang on. I think I found something." He turned his laptop towards everyone else so you could see the page on the screen. It had some information about the werewolf. "Get this. This isn't the first time this has happened in town. Ten years ago there was a family with a similar experience. In their case, everyone was home so there were no survivors."

"That means it's been around for a while. What else did you find?" Dean asked as he walked towards his brother.

"It seems there used to be a forest at the edge of town. Now, there's only some abandoned buildings. My guess, the werewolf's hiding there until the heat settles."

"Let's pack our supplies and go gank this evil son of a bitch."

~oOo~

Later that night, you were waiting anxiously in your home for the boys to return. They had insisted on taking care of the werewolf on their own and despite your best struggle, they were much more stubborn than you.

To calm your anxiety, you sat on the couch with a good book. Your mind kept drifting as you tried to read so you were soon doing as before, waiting for the door to open. Waiting to know that it was finally over.

A flutter brought your attention to the middle of the room. There stood your trench coat draped angel.

"Castiel! Is it done? Is it dead?"

"Yes. We took care of the werewolf."

"Thank you so much. I wish I could have been there but I'm glad it won't be hurting anyone else or ruining anyone else's life." You hugged him and could tell that he wasn't used to anyone doing that.

"I must be going. The Winchesters will be here soon to tell you themselves." He was about to leave but you stopped him by grabbing his hand. He was surprised and turned back to you.

"Please stop." You kissed him gently. "Wow, that was... angelic. I just kissed an angel." He tilted his head and stared at you with a look of curiosity.

"I don't understand why you did that."

"Because I like you. I don't want you to leave. At least promise you'll come back."

"I like you too but you know this won't work. I'm not human."

"I don't care about that. You've been here when I needed it. When god wouldn't answer, you came instead. I beg you, don't go."

"I'm sorry." With that he left in a flutter that sent some papers fluttering to the ground.

No matter how much you prayed for him, he never returned.  

-----F O L L O W-----

-----C O M M E N T-----

-----V O T E-----

-----R E Q U E S T-----

-----E N J O Y-----