Claire Novak x Reader

Episode Ref; s10e20

(You are Sam and Dean's younger Sister)

You watched as she rolled her eyes and played tough. In any other circumstance, it would have annoyed you, to watch someone who needed help so desperately shirk it off. This was different. It reminded you of the way you looked at your oldest brother when he gave you those familiar speeches. It wasn't easy being the baby, but your heart felt heavy as you watched Claire. She was utterly alone, the only contact she had with the past was an angel that was busy running around in her dead father's meat suit. You felt she probably had at least a little justification in her annoyance at being treated like some delicate flower, by the same people that had left her high and dry years ago.

In the restrained movements of her body, as she sat stiffly on the motel mattress, you saw the wall she had built around herself. There was a certain air to her that was all too similar to what you saw when you watched yourself in the mirror. The harshness, and disbelief in the kindness of strangers, that came through in every small motion. Losing people you love, having them ripped away, it isolated some part of you from every other average person.

You could relate to her.

"Just go easy on her, alright Dean, she gets it." You were tired of the lectures.

"She doesn't know what she's doing out there, she could get herself killed." You wondered if he was truly talking about Claire, or if he really meant you.

Dean hadn't wanted you to come with them hunting, far too often, you were left to your own devices. Past the age of needing a babysitter but Sam and Dean, both felt you were safer far away from them. When Dean had become a demon though, it had drawn you into the life.

Sam had needed the help and was far past caring that you were supposedly too young and fragile to be hunting demons, wanting to save his brother was all he cared about. After they were able to change him back, Dean told you that you needed to stay in the bunker. With him around, you didn't need to be on the front lines, but Sammy had witnessed you in action and was adamant that you be allowed to hunt.

Cas had called you in on this one, it was obviously personal, and when you had seen Claire propped up in the hospital bed you were worried. It was your own personal nightmare since you had dived into the job, that you would end up with your guts half ripped out in a hospital just like this. You could understand why he was so worried about her.

"I was waiting for backup." He looked shiftily towards your brothers, waiting for the bickering that was going to come for calling you, "I thought she might respond better to another young person. Y/N was a troubled teen, I figured Claire could relate. " His over explanation was met with blank looks from Sam and Dean.

"Let's go then." You didn't mind being called troubled, it was fairly accurate, and you thought it was sweet that Cas was trying so hard with a girl that wasn't even his daughter.

It had only ended up being a minor concussion, and clearly, it was Dean's presence that was the most upsetting to her, you noted the way she avoided so much as glancing at you.

As you all congregated out in the hallway you could see the way the shorter Winchester was itching to fight something, but you wanted to help Claire.

"I think it could be something, it might be a case."

Things started to move fairly quickly from there, it was a typical team free will case, full of murder and intrigue but you were left in a haze. Watching Claire so prepared to live the life of a hunter, was intoxicating. When you were little you used to pretend that you were off hunting monsters, stalking imaginary beasts, while you ducked behind Bobby's old junkers. Now, with Sam and Cas trusting you to be out hunting, even your oldest brother was beginning to warm up to the idea, you had that same burn you saw in the wild blond haired girl.