Chapter 4

It burned.

Ayato clutched his heart and waited for the heat inside his to die down. But it grew stronger, bigger, and ravenous. He felt like he would set fire to everything he touched.

Look what that worthless flat chested girl had reduced him to.

He chuckled in amusement to himself as he shifted inside his iron maiden. She had grown selfish in those bastards' company. Her defences had gone up. She even talked back to him this time. All while Ayato admired her fiesty, quirky side. This was something new to him, and he liked challenges.

But maybe this challenge was a bit too far fetched and Yui was being too harsh on him.

He had instructed everyone to stay away from his room, and he knew that only blood could satisfy him right now, but he remenbered how the asshole Ruki had given Pancake a choice while he asked to protect her.

If that lowlife can give her something I can't, I don't deserve her blood.

Be the best. Be the best. Be the best.

The red haired vampire clamped his ears shut as his mother's voice pounded in his head. If you are not the best, you are of no use to me.

How can I even match upto that half blood? Ayato thought, his body convulsing in pangs of hunger. He's experienced loss, longing and love during his childhood as a human. Whereas I-

The squeak of doorhinges was what woke him up from his ravings, and soft footsteps came closer to him. He braced himself as somebody swung the lid of the iron maiden off and light invaded his senses.

He stared at the girl for a long time he waited for her to say something. Something that might not be according to his tastes and might anger him, giving him a chance to suck on her blood.

Without saying a word, Yui turned back, bolted the door to Ayato's room, walked towards him and settled inside the iron maiden beside him. Ayato gaped in disbelief at her, and stared wide eyed as he spoke up, "What the hell, Pancake. You're not supposed to be here-"

Yui quickly slammed the door of the torture device shut. Ayato breathed heavily as she shuffled inside, slinking an arm around his neck and manoeuvring his body until he was on top of her.

"Pancake!" Ayato shouted at her, his breathing now ragged, in anticipation yet hiding an imminent fear.

Yui smiled slightly, even though he couldn't see it, he felt it through the warmth of her body, as she submitted to him. "Why didn't you tell me you were so hungry?"

Ayato gulped down and felt his thirst grow into a monster he certainly couldn't control at this point. He wanted blood.

But not like this.

"Pancake," he pleaded, almost at the verge of breaking down and tearing off her flesh. "Don't do this. I don't know what I've become."

Yui carefully guided the vampire by clutching his hair, something that excited him to the point of ecstacy, and placed his dried lips on top of her neck, as she simultaneously uncovered her shoulder to give him better access.

"Pancake," Ayato now pleaded, his voice muffled and his saliva drooping over her neck, "Yui."

Yui embraced him. "Shh, everything is fine. You won't hurt me this time."

Ayato found himself licking the human's neck and trying to find a right spot to dig his teeth in. The iron maiden was the best spot to suck blood. It ensured that Yui didn't have an opportunity to move too much while making it possible enough for him to overpower her and give her an immense amount of pain.