Chapter 14

Yui had vaguely remembered a dark figure, telling her something as she waited by the garden outside the school building for the limousine to park in the driveway. She felt her senses dull as she spotted red hair, green eyes, an intruding bunny, and tears.

The first thing she noticed when she came to was the grass, wet with evening dew, blocking her vision. Turning her head, she became acutely aware of the weight on her chest. The literal weight on her chest, as she tried to get up, her eyes still clouded with sleep. Her hands tried to feel whatever was lying on top of her, and she grabbed a mess of hair. An angry sound escaped from the person lying on top of her, as her world came into focus.

Ayato slept soundly on her chest, his hands under her skirt and shirt. As she rolled him off her, she noticed he had drooled all over her chest. She felt a bit awkward as she took her napkin out and wiped her sweat and saliva off her skin. What had they been doing here, of all places? It's not like Ayato had... touched her where his hands had been a few seconds ago. He'd teased her multiple times when he had entered the bathroom forcefully and seen her naked. He made no secret of the dislike of her breasts. But he'd never gone as far as to feel her up.

She hated herself for finding reason in Ayato's perverseness. She should be beating him senseless right now, being furious as to how he did things to her without permission. She shouldn't be curious as to why he touched her in the first place.

Ayato yawned, pulling Yui out of her inner debate. He blinked twice, as his stare settled on the girl, as she swore she could see him flash his fangs at her in order to intimidate her. Even in the pitch dark, she could see him run his tongue along his teeth. "Yo, Pancake." His voice sounded strained, as though he had been shouting in his sleep. It must have been shouting, because she didn't think Ayato was quite capable of the other possibility.

He seemed to dust off the grass from his uniform, as he got off the ground, and said, "I think we dozed off for too long."

Yui knotted her eyebrows, as she stood up beside him, watching the driveway. Empty. Either the limo was taking too long to come by, or...

"They left us," Yui said, cursing her fate. Her head was ringing with definite migraine attacks as she stumbled and leaned upon Ayato for support. For a change, Ayato lent her his shoulder to grip onto, taking the advantage to bring her closer as he held her waist.

She jumped at the contact, and took a few steps away from him. Her head was a mess of emotions, as she said, "Should we walk back home?"

Ayato didn't say much, but kept walking till he reached the gate of the garden. His face lit up in the glow of a little lamp him the side of the gate as he shouted at her, "Are you as slow as your brain? Hurry up, Reiji will whip us both."

She rushed to join him as he exited the school and they entered the street, a dim crescent moon overhead. She saw stars here, more often than she saw back at the church she lived in. She'd been walking with her head held up as she bumped straight into Ayato's back.

"What the..." Ayato hissed, turning around. He rarely hissed at her, except for when he was feeding from her. He appeared to be pretty pissed, to be fair. His hair had been swept by the billowing wind, his shirt now untucked, his pant leg unrolled to cover his right leg. He hated covering his right knee for some reason. Yui felt the ground give way as Ayato grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him, as he glared right into her eyes. "You feeling all brave and shit, now that you saw me weep into you?"

Yui wasn't sure if she was hearing him correctly. "Weep?"

Ayato slit his feline eyes and grabbed her chin roughly. "You playing games with me again, ain'cha?"