Chapter 24

Reiji stood before Yui's door, his knuckles poised over it, waiting, as though he were waiting for something. Yui thought it to be very strange. She held her hands at her back, as she called out to him. "Reiji san?"

Reiji turned around, surprised, to find Yui right behind him. He found his composure back as he muttered, "What were you doing here?"

Yui felt a bit attacked. "This is my room?"

"Yeah, right. Of course," Reiji said. Pushing his bangs back, he said, his tone crisp and straightforward. "Mind you discuss some important issues with me?"

Yui hesitated for a moment. She knew she had been warned not to talk to the others for the moment, and it was Sunday, so there was no reason Reiji was going to push her around for not going to school. She looked up at him, and realised that by every passing moment, he was becoming a bit more agitated.

"We can discuss this in my room?" She suggested.

"What a brilliant idea," Reiji said sarcastically. "I hadn't even thought of that."

She felt embarrassed at him chiding her yet again for her mistakes, and thought of apologising, but retracted. Pushing the door open, she invited him in.

Reiji looked around in the room, a bit confused but quickly squared his shoulders. "Let me start by saying this: I am utterly sorry for what me and my brothers have made you go through."

Yui blinked, not believing her ears. "I... You... What?"

"You heard me right, Miss Komori." Reiji almost never addressed her by her name. If he was feeling sorry, he must have been self aware enough to grant her person status. "In the eight month period you have stayed with us, you have rarely gotten a free moment for yourself. Not to mention the hell my brothers have put you through." Reiji paused, turning up his nose at the thought of his brothers. "Those manner less nincompoops."

Well, you were the one who inflicted the most pain on me till date, and you haven't apologised yet, Yui thought to herself.

"Are you listening to me, Miss Komori?" Reiji asked, his gloved hand pushing back the glasses. Yui shook her head. Her hands were shaking with nervousness, but she insisted, "I am."

"You better be. I am not here to waste my time on an ungracious person as you." The nerve! Yui wanted to punch his pretty face right then and there, but held back her anger, knowing she will never in a thousand years match up to an immortal like him. She proceeded to hang her head and hold her hands in front of her. "I understand."

Reiji raised an eyebrow. "Okay." He continued in his sterile voice. "And, as you have been unwell from the past punishment for the last four days, I will offer a change of air in order for you to continue on your steady recovery."

Yui nodded her head silently. She was too shocked from her sudden ascension from blood bag to human that the rest of the information was going past her head. Reiji tapped his foot in impatience, mimicking Ayato's tantrum perfectly. She was reminded of how similar they were as brothers, and she couldn't help but smile.

"Am I cracking a joke hear? Do you find this funny?" Reiji reprimanded her, and she pulled back her poker face. "I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter." He continued. "I have talked to my brothers about this issue while you were sleeping, but since today is a full moon, you might do well to stay away from the mansion for a while. We have arranged for our blood supply, so you need not worry about us."

So they were sending her off. Yui heaved a sigh of relief, but stayed silent until Reiji had finished speaking. "I have arranged for a familiar to arrange for a church visit for you."