Chapter 11

Yui was amazed how quickly she had recovered. She was sitting in front of her dresser, getting ready for her night school. There used to be bruises, bite marks and hickeys from the ten vampires all over her body, but now she wore untarnished, smooth skin. Even her emaciation had reduced a fair bit, even the bones she had broken living in the Mukami household were snapped back into place. She wondered if the boys did some satanic ritual on her to heal her body. She looked at her dresser, a little box of chocolates kept on the shelf, a little card on the box taped, with lazy handwriting declaring You're our little bitch chan! Laito never changed even a little bit.

She'd started brushing her hair, when she felt her curtains move just a slight bit. She sighed, as a chair was dragged to the dresser and Ayato sat down like it was his goddamned space. Well, technically it was his space, she was somewhat of a refugee or a guest, but Yui now hated to use the actual word to describe her situation. Captive. She'd ran through scheming uncles, resurrected mothers, evil families who kidnapped her from her kidnappers, and more kidnappers who tried to kidnap her from her kidnappers. She didn't seem to catch a break from all this mayhem.

"Pancake," he sang out, his chin on top of his chair's backrest. She ignored him as she brushed her hair, looking at the time on her table clock.

"Hey pancake," he insisted on being heard. Yui sort of had an idea as to why he was in her room in the first place, and the idea screamed Give me your blood.

She knew it would be disastrous to ignore him at this point, but she'd be mercilessly sucked dry anyway. Ayato had ignored her mostly at school, on dinner times and he'd never pulled her aside to feed on her during the past week. Reiji had drank from her the day after the Tsukinamis left them in peace. He'd called her to the library and simply bit her, all the while chiding her for being foolish and letting Yuma bleed her out. She wanted to clear out that it was actually Ayato who drank from her that night that probably left her anemic, but he wouldn't listen to her, so she didn't bother. Kanato had bitten her on her arm as punishment for making the brownies soggy. Laito had his little misadventure with her in her bedroom, as he left his fang marks on the underside of her thigh. Shu and Subaru had gone to great lengths to avoid her.

But Ayato was just enjoying her become irritated every passing minute. He'd become a bit violent during the past two or three times, usually verbally abusive, but as long as she didn't become extremely pushy, he didn't push her into the wall, as he always did before.

"You dare to ignore Ore sama?" He snatched the brush from her hands, and she expected the worst to happen. Instinctively shutting her eyes, she waited for him to push her chair backward and straddle her.

"Oi," Ayato said, snapping his fingers before her. "You alright?"

"Ayato kun," she said, trying to sound as casual as she could, "You haven't gotten ready yet."

He was still in his red hoodie, his shocking red hair in a bird's nest. He'd gotten all of them late to school for about three times a row this week. If he ran late this time, Reiji was sure to punish him. He sighed indifferently. "Whatever, I'm going to need you to tutor me."

Yui's eyes widened in surprise. Ayato had never been interested in studies. He had, though, been an avid basketball champ, with his height and his immortal skills. Apart from being overtly obsessive and randomly violent, he was only talented in sports, and though it was achievement enough for Yui to consider, Reiji seemed to think otherwise.

"Tutor you?" Yui asked, blinking to make sure this wasn't a dream. She didn't pinch herself, for even in her dream Ayato would hurt her for not taking him seriously.

"I've fallen to the bottom twenty this time, and if I don't score above the permissible credit, they would strike my name off from the basketball team." He said, his eyes suddenly fluorescent. Under normal circumstances, he'd just either say "let me suck your blood"and then forcefully suck her anyway. But this time he was asking for... study assistance.