Chapter 1

I woke up in the middle of night. The room's light was still on. Then I slowly got up and saw HIM. He's still on his laptop.
Its 3 in the night and my husband is busy making love to his laptop. I wish I was his laptop.

Avni: Neil...

He didn't look up at her but just nodded his head.

Avni: Its really late Neil. You should sleep else you'll end up getting sick.

Neil did not respond.

Avni: Neil are you even listening?
He did not respond, again.

She sighed. It wasn't new for her. She was used to his ignorance. She lied down on the bed again.

She was looking at the ceiling blankly and started to remember her golden moments with Neil.
The days when all he used to think about was her. The way he used to pamper her, plan romantic dates for her, make her feel special and especially making her feel wanted.
It was all good until that dreadful day. The day his dad accused him of not being a worthy son just because he wanted Neil to join family business. But, Neil being Neil went against him and started his business from scratch. He was always snubbed by his dad. His dad always praised his elder son just because he was his puppet. Neil was always insulted. But when he insulted him on their engagement day, Neil lost it completely. He left his house at that very moment.
That was the last day, she was with her real Neil.

She slept drowned into the memories of the beautiful past is her only source of happiness now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning she woke up early than usual. She saw Neil sleeping on his work desk in an uncomfortable position.

She smiled seeing him that way. He was looking like a baby sleeping with a cute frown on his face.

She walked up to the work desk. She caressed his hair lovingly and placed a soft kiss on his hair.  He opened his eyes lazily.

Avni: Go sleep on the bed.
She whispered

Neil: No, I've to get ready for office.

Avni: There's still a lot of time. Go sleep you'll wake up fresh. Hmmm...

Neil nodded and went to sleep on his bed. Avni was happy seeing him working so hard. His hardwork had really paid off. He's one of the top businessman of India. He's rich, powerful and successful.
But his stubbornness to beat his dad had made them grow apart.
He'd spend most of the time in office and when at home, he'd prepare for his future meetings. But would always forget that he had a wife.
A wife who loved him and craved for his love, his touch.  She craved for him since their marriage. He wasn't even with her on their first night. He was in office due to some urgent work.
At that point of time she understood his situation as his business was at an initial stage. But now, his ignorance just killed her. The last time they kissed was in college.
She craved to be in his arms every night and wake up with the blissful feeling of his body against her.

She came out of her thoughts and went to take a shower. She came out wearing a beautiful saree. She filled her maang with sindoor and wore her mangalsutra. Then she went up to her bedside table and took out a bottle. She took one pill from it and left for the kitchen.