Chapter 17

Its been 3 hours since they've reached home. Avni did not utter a single word. She seems to be lost in a world of her own. Neil wanted to talk to her, make things normal but was scared. Scared of the fact that things could go worse depending upon all the conflict that occurred a few hours ago.

Neil closes his eyes and sighs deep.

She is infertile.

She can't fulfill your needs.

Ma'am left the function and didn't perform the rituals as well.

He imagined Avni's happy face when she held that child back in the restaurant and the sad look when the child's mother took him away.

He opened his eyes and recalled the past 4 years. What a blunder he did?!

He ignored her thinking that he is protecting himself. How could he forget that he had taken vows to protect her all life long. He was feeling worse.  He was trying to imagine the pain that he had put Avni through all these years.

He gathered all his loosened up emotions and looked towards the door of their room.

N: I'm ready to pay for all the wrong I've done, for all the pain that I've inflicted upon you. I'll bring our old times back. I promise.

Maybe he had not chosen big words to describe his feelings but the look in his eyes made it clear that he was determined enough to bring back all the sunshine back into her life.

He climbed up the steps. Each step as if a promise to bring back the old AVNEIL.

He stood in front of the door and took a deep breath. He pushed the door open and saw Avni standing in front of the large French windows looking at the moon. He slowly walked upto her. He stood besides her and looked sideways to see her face. The sight in front of him made his guilt rise.

Her face all red. Her eyes swollen. Lips quivering.

He wiped away his own tears which had unknowingly left his eyes. He knelt down and hugged her waist. This action of his brought Avni out of her thoughts. She gasped. Neil was crying like a small baby holding onto Avni.

N: I'm sorry.....please maaf kardo...please!!!

A: Neil... What are you doing? Get up.

N: Maaf kardo, please.

A: Neil, what are you saying? I'm not able to understand anything.

N: In 4 saalon mein,I've troubled you a lot. I've got of long list of mistakes and sins that I've committed. I need to apologize for all that.

Avni was stunned at his reply. Never in her dreams Avni thought that she would have to see this vulnerable side of Neil. She had not seen him this emotional even when he had left his home behind to start a life of his own. She felt bad.

Although, she had suffered a lot in these years but his suffering was no less. He was fighting his inner demons as well. He had hurt her a lot but she knew nothing was intentional. He had his own reasons. Out of everything, the thing that hurt her the most was that she wasn't able to know about his fears and bring him back to his cheerful and happy self. She wanted the OLD NEIL back. Now that he was realizing everything, Avni was sure that her destination is not far away. She'll surely get the old AVNEIL back.

Somewhere deep down both craved for the same thing. But GOD is the ultimate writer of this story. What do you think? Is it gonna be smooth ride or a bumpy one ahead?