Chapter 10

Neil was rummaging through his wardrobe  to find something suitable for the night. He was frustrated as he wasn't finding anything suitable to wear for a business dinner. Just then Avni enters and Neil looks at her and turns around.

N(in mind): Thank God! She's here. Now she'll find me something to wear.

A: Do you need something?

N: Umm...I was just looking for clothes to wear for the dinner.

A: Don't worry I've already taken them out and got them ironed. You'll find it on the washroom rack.

Neil nodded his head and went inside.
Just then Avni stopped him by holding his wrist. He felt so light and happy at her touch.

A: Oops... I'm sorry!
She said looking at her hand and removed it.

N(in mind): Why is she feeling sorry for touching me?(sadly)

A: Actually, I was thinking to wear a Saree tonight. Would that be fine?

N: Why are you asking me?
He said confused.

A: Because, you're the one whose way too particular about meetings.

N: I believe in talent more. Work on that.
He said and went to the washroom.

A: You are so gonna regret it meri jaan!
She huffed.

She took out a beautiful saree and smiled seeing it.

′°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

N: Welcome Mr. Rai. I hope you had no problem reaching here.

R: No not at all. In fact, its easier to find India's top businessman's house or should I say mansion?
He said playfully.

N: Please don't....
He was about to continue when he heard Avni shouting.

A: Rishiiii!!!!!
She came screaming happily towards them and landed herself in Rishi's arms. Neil was taken aback by Avni's behaviour. She was holding onto a man, so tightly and that too in front of her husband. He looked at Rishi who was looking so happy and then he noticed his hands which were on her bare back, all thanks to her backless blouse. He did not even side-hugged her, even though he was her husband. Yes, they were in a relationship before but after getting married, it all just vanished. It had been so long since Neil held her the way the man standing in front of him was doing.
He was feeling jealous. The air around him was suffocating him. He wanted to get rid of the sight in front of him as soon as possible. He cleared his throat to bring them back to earth.

They separated. Rishi cupped Avni's face and placed a kiss on her forehead.

R: God! How much I missed you Buttercup.

A: I missed you too Ree! How much I have longed to hear you call me Buttercup.

N: You both know each other?

R: Off course! I don't go around hugging random women Mr. Khanna. By the way, what you are doing here Buttercup?

Neil scrunched his face as he heard BUTTERCUP. Who addresses a beautiful woman like Avni as a buttercup?

A: I was here for the meeting. Me and Neil are working together on this project. So, you can say project partners.

Neil got irritated that she did not mention that its her house and he is her husband.

N: And my wife.
He said with possessiveness in his voice.

R:What!!!!!

N: I said that SHE is MY WIFE.

R: You got married?

A: Yeah...
She said as if it didn't really matter to her and Neil noticed it.

R: But you promised that we'll get married because you wanted my babies...

N: WHAT!!!!!!!!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Short update! I have my exams❤