Chapter 2

Its 9'o clock. I'm sure Neil would be up by now. After all, he never forgets his work. I sighed deeply.
Just get it out of your head Avni. He's busy. He runs an empire on his own. He needs to devote his time to his work.
My mind was trying to calm me down while my heart just asked one question.
Why can't he devote a single minute of his life for me?

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Neil on the dining table, ready to take in his breakfast. Despite those dark circles below his eyes, he looked perfect.
I went upto him and served him his daily dose of eggs and toast with a steaming hot cup of coffee.

Neil: Thanks.
He said nonchalantly. Without any expressions.

I knew it was more out of habit than gratitude. I gave a small smile, which he of course didn't notice. Disappointed, I sat down on my chair and had one toast with half glass of orange juice.
I had lost my appetite a long time back. These 4 years of marriage had made me like this. I am no longer that Avni, who was beautiful without makeup. I still manage to look good, all hearty thanks to the concealers and foundations.

Soon he finished his breakfast and headed for office without sparing a glance at me. Sometimes, I feel so useless and dumb. He doesn't care about me, leave that, its been ages since we've had a proper conversation. Still, I want to stick to this marriage.
I wonder, why???

I just pickup the plates and start washing them. I know you all must be thinking that why this wife of Mr. Millionaire Neil Khanna is washing dishes.
Well, when you don't have anything to do rather than sulking about your life, its better to keep yourself busy in household chores.

I often wonder what if every thing had been normal.
Then you would be busy romancing your husband, idiot. Not washing these dishes.
My mind chided me.

Soon, I was done with all  the cleaning work that I had. I sighed.

It's 12 in the noon and I am free.Sometimes its so difficult to keep yourself busy. So I decided to go through my favourite memory lanes. The one's that make me happy.

*************

First year of college...

N: Avni, please yaar. I've planned everything.

A: But Neil what will I say to mom.

N: But your mom knows about us,right?

A: Off course she does. But going on a trip with you.... Do you even know what she will think?

N: Avni..

A: No Neil. She'll think that we'll cross our limits and I don't want her to get ideas.

N: Fine! A day trip, pleeease.
He said with a puppy face.
I couldn't resist it anymore.

A: Ok.

N:Thank you baby!
He said and kissed my cheek. I blushed.

***********"

Well those are the only days that bring a smile on my face.